Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Do you agree with punishment?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    as for cold blooded killers ...who wants it to work ...we just want them locking safely out of the way.

Not at all. These are the people who you can actually affect before they start doing anything and of course any rational person would want to minimise this type of immoral action.

They are the bulk of people who work for the state, those in the military, taxmen and the like. They are a big problem and need sorting out pretty quickly. The people you say you want to lock up are actually running everything, including the prisons!

Perhaps you don't know as much about people as you think you do, eh Rolly?

The bulk of the hardcore criminals are considered respectable by most, you know that surely to god!
    Not so. It's also the denial of something which they desire.

I don't agree and will ask for my usual proof type requirement. How can an inaction be anything?

Makes no sense whatsoever.
  • Options
    Denial isn't inaction always though, it also requires actions.

You suggested that not allowing someone to use a taxi could be a punishment. But that isn't a passive punishment, it still requires action. Possibly even violence...

And TBH I'm not sure how that whole concept fits into your rather screwy vision of the world anyway ;)
  • Options
    You suggested that not allowing someone to use a taxi could be a punishment. But that isn't a passive punishment, it still requires action. Possibly even violence...

"Hi can I have a taxi from blah blah blah? "

"No, sorry your banned."

"Oh."

It's just a free choice on the part of the taxi firm/driver.
  • Options
    Dude, when was the last time you went near a taxi rank?
  • Options
    Hmm I thought we were talking about viable alternatives to the current useless prison system using our current level of technology?

What are you talking about?

Btw, I don't use taxi's, it's cheaper to talk strangers into taking me where I want to go.
  • Options
    Your idea of denial is so out of touch with reality, and the taxi example you have given proves it.

And when I say "out of touch", I mean that by your high standards too :p
  • Options
    Your idea of denial is so out of touch with reality, and the taxi example you have given proves it.

:confused:

You have lost me. Denial is all that's required from people to sort the whole mess out. It would have to be very widespread of course.

I'd love to know how I am out of touch with reality, it's the only place I go.
  • Options
    klintock wrote:
    Not at all. These are the people who you can actually affect before they start doing anything and of course any rational person would want to minimise this type of immoral action.

They are the bulk of people who work for the state, those in the military, taxmen and the like. They are a big problem and need sorting out pretty quickly. The people you say you want to lock up are actually running everything, including the prisons!

Perhaps you don't know as much about people as you think you do, eh Rolly?

The bulk of the hardcore criminals are considered respectable by most, you know that surely to god!

I don't agree and will ask for my usual proof type requirement. How can an inaction be anything?

Makes no sense whatsoever.
    you live in a constant dream state.
    an if only state.
  • Options
    No. Not even remotely.

If you are going to say there is a rule like "killing people is wrong". Then it applies to EVERYONE or it isn't a rule.

As soon as I mentioned what you do with those who kill and injure others, you immediately left out of that equation all the people in the government, all the military, all the taxmen, all the politician's. Why do you think you did this, I wonder?

If theres a rule, it applies to them as well.
  • Options
    klintock wrote:
    No. Not even remotely.

If you are going to say there is a rule like "killing people is wrong". Then it applies to EVERYONE or it isn't a rule.

As soon as I mentioned what you do with those who kill and injure others, you immediately left out of that equation all the people in the government, all the military, all the taxmen, all the politician's. Why do you think you did this, I wonder?

If theres a rule, it applies to them as well.
    your talking like a fucking twelve year old ...again.
  • Options
    your talking like a fucking twelve year old ...again.

No not really, just pointing out the logical flaw in the arguments before me.

What happens is that you usually raise this kind of obvious stuff at around that age and get battered by your family either physically or emotionally for it.

And this shows in the arguments as I pointed out elsewhere.

No worries though, because what is true isn't decided by vote, by force or by persuasion. What's true remains true and always will be. Truth just is, it doesn't give a shit whether you believe it or not.
  • Options
    klintock wrote:
    No not really, just pointing out the logical flaw in the arguments before me.

What happens is that you usually raise this kind of obvious stuff at around that age and get battered by your family either physically or emotionally for it.

And this shows in the arguments as I pointed out elsewhere.

No worries though, because what is true isn't decided by vote, by force or by persuasion. What's true remains true and always will be. Truth just is, it doesn't give a shit whether you believe it or not.
    klint ...these are childhood discoveries!
    move on.
  • Options
    klint ...these are childhood discoveries!

No, these are where your ability to process reality comes under attack from those who would use lies to control you because it's cheaper than constant force to get you to comply because you have been broken or have given up.
    move on.

Where to, exactly? I am waiting for everyone else to keep up as it is. ;)
  • Options
    klintock wrote:
    No, these are where your ability to process reality comes under attack from those who would use lies to control you because it's cheaper than constant force to get you to comply because you have been broken or have given up.

Where to, exactly? I am waiting for everyone else to keep up as it is. ;)
    back in the black and white days when i was twelve ...the anti war movement was massive ...the world of music was anti war ...anti nukes anti vietnam ...anti establishment. love joy peace ...we were going to end hunger blah blah.
    whilst we were growing our hair long the topics of conversation were along the lines of yours today.
    for a soldier to kill was murder etcetcetc.
    the one world discussion started way back then ...there are no countries just a world.
    i think it's you who needs to play catch up mate.
  • Options
    Kilntock, do you know of anyone killed for tax evasion in the UK recently?
  • Options
    back in the black and white days when i was twelve ...the anti war movement was massive ...the world of music was anti war ...anti nukes anti vietnam ...anti establishment. love joy peace ...we were going to end hunger blah blah.

Oh, did you buy lots of meals and set up distribution networks to deliver them, or did you moan like children at the "state" to do things for you?

I know of lots of people who are dead because tax was paid, but none who have been killed for none payment. Farmers don't kill chickens that can keep laying eggs, either.
  • Options
    klintock wrote:
    Oh, did you buy lots of meals and set up distribution networks to deliver them, or did you moan like children at the "state" to do things for you?

no we just talked on and on about the same old shit.
    armchair revolutionaries.
    but we grew out of it ...
  • Options
    And now, after not actually doing anything you are claiming it didn't work. :rolleyes:

Well, duh.......
  • Options

Far more lucrative to kidnap them, keep them hostage and plunder their possessions while giving yourself some spurious name like the Orwellian "Asset Recovery Agency"
  • Options
    klintock wrote:
    And now, after not actually doing anything you are claiming it didn't work. :rolleyes:

Well, duh.......
    i'm not claiming anything didn't work.
    i'm trying to point out to yoiu that what you constantly go on and on and on about ...is what most people leave behind at school.
    it's schoolboy politics ...shcool yard philosophy.
    you can't seem to discuss anything else.

if i'm still in the same thread ...i'm never sure with you in them ....your point about murderers not going to jail is so childlike.

the papers at the moment are full of stories about killers and rapists let loose early who immediately go on to reoffend ...another poor sod dead or damaged.
    oh thats ok ...next time we won't let him catch a taxi or shop in tesco.
    you are scarily stupid.
  • Options
    i'm trying to point out to yoiu that what you constantly go on and on and on about ...is what most people leave behind at school.
    #
    Which is why school exists. You leave it behind because it's bullied out of you by those who are stronger than you. You leave it behind because it's the only way to get ahead.

So fucking what?

It's still right.
    it's schoolboy politics ...shcool yard philosophy.

You are telling me when and where you gave up mate, nothing more. There is no state. Any time any objection is raised all it says is when and where in your personal history you gave up on the evidence of your senses and "got along to get along".
    if i'm still in the same thread ...i'm never sure with you in them ....your point about murderers not going to jail is so childlike.

They don't mate. they get medals or high office. You are focusing on the tiny criminals that are almost no bother whatsoever. The real ones that need to be sorted are those that have sold you on their legitimacy.
    oh thats ok ...next time we won't let him catch a taxi or shop in tesco.
    you are scarily stupid.

Sorry, you don't think that total exclusion would work?

Why not?
  • Options
    klintock wrote:
    #
    Which is why school exists. You leave it behind because it's bullied out of you by those who are stronger than you. You leave it behind because it's the only way to get ahead.

So fucking what?

It's still right.

You are telling me when and where you gave up mate, nothing more. There is no state. Any time any objection is raised all it says is when and where in your personal history you gave up on the evidence of your senses and "got along to get along".

They don't mate. they get medals or high office. You are focusing on the tiny criminals that are almost no bother whatsoever. The real ones that need to be sorted are those that have sold you on their legitimacy.

Sorry, you don't think that total exclusion would work?

Why not?
    i'm sorry about the ammount of bullying and beatings you suffered as a child!
    yes total exclusion would work ...it's called being banged up twenty three hours a day.
    guess what ...they can't rape anymore innocents that way.
  • Options
    i'm sorry about the ammount of bullying and beatings you suffered as a child!

Not me, mate - YOU!

I guess I should have said that I assume an armed population, no government and widespread understanding of reality.

Your probably assuming a government, an unarmed population and people with their heads in the clouds.