Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Provision England Squad Announced - Surprises Inc...

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Kermit wrote:
    Because, like Fowler and Wright before him, he doesn't have what it takes at international level.

So what do people think of players like Lampard, Gerrard and Terry, none of whom have impressed at international level or been able to transfer club form.

Are they going to choke at the world cup or will they suddenly become international superstars?
  • Options
    Addict wrote:
    So what do people think of players like Lampard, Gerrard and Terry, none of whom have impressed at international level or been able to transfer club form.

Are they going to choke at the world cup or will they suddenly become international superstars?
    Hasn't Lampard scored 1 in 3 for England? Not bad for a midfielder. He was awesome in the Poland game (I think) without Gerrard. Gerrard would be good if we used him right. Since Eriksson took charge, he's been a defensive midfielder, first with Scholes, then Lampard. In fact, his best game under Eriksson was the 5-1 against Germany before had time to inflict his brand of boring football on him. Terry will be solid if he has a good DM in front of him. And unlike Sol, he's capable of not getting all his goals dissallowed. Like every England defender, he'll have to get used to the midfield not being able to keep possession and putting him under constant pressure.

I'm not sure how well we'll do at the world cup. Usually I'm really confident, but this time I'm not so sure. Hopefully that means we'll walk it.
  • Options
    Yeh, take Gerrard and Lampard, they'r great. Even when they dont fully show what they'v got theyr still good. But why o why hargreaves!??!?!?!
    The mad swede loves him for some reason! Whats wrong with someone like carrick or king? Wright-philips? Put W-P on the wing and pull beckham in to hold the shape, he's great inside when you need him. And ok we all wanted sven to be adventurous and al that but WALCOTT!!!!! Was there something in the drink that the Fake Shek got him?! Whats wrong with Defoe? Darren Bent the highest scoring englishmen in the premiership?!?! :banghead:
  • Options
    i bought an england shirt for £10

it was reduced quite wrongly, but i didnt say anything, and its quite decent quality
  • Options
    wilsonc wrote:
    Darren Bent the highest scoring englishmen in the premiership?!?! :banghead:

A few years ago Kevin Phillips was, but he was never international quality either.
  • Options
    Michael Ricketts anyone?
  • Options
    Now Phil Nevilles back in too! What is he doing?!?! AAAAHHH. If someone said pick a boring midfielder who can just about spell his own name by copying his brothers shirt, yeh take neville but if you want someone who can actually play there must be someone else!