Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Apprenticeships

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
Ok due to unforseen circumstances im now unable to attend college next year :( Im looking at apprenticeships to be started sometime in 2007 and I was wondering if anyone else from thesite had gone down the appreniceship route as I dont know anyone that has and wondered if they found it beneficial or not. Im looking at doing a customer service one as thats what im kinda swayed towards.

Anyone?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    After 6th form I was looking into a fashion/jewellery style apprenticeship and found nothing but 'IT Assistants' 'Bank clerks' and 'Junior hair stylist' apprenticeships.

I spose they're alright if you're not looking for something too specific like fashion.

Ilora x
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Hi there,
    This article might help you to decide whether an apprenticeship is the right thing for you.

There's a also quite a lot here

I'm sorry not to be able to give you more specific advice for your field - but hope these help.
  • Options
    Apply early, there are more people applying than there are places for a lot of things. I sent off for some apprenticeship info a few months ago and only had a pamphlet and a letter saying they're oversubscribed...
  • Options
    Ive already had 3 companys send me their leaflets and application forms through the post. All offering to find you work and then train you too. I just dunno if it will turn out to be a success for me. Im going to need money so being paid whilst learning seems a good option but still ...
  • Options
    don't know about customer services, but, i know one bloke who started out as an apprentice mechanic and now runs his own garage...
    at the end of the day, an apprentaship can offer you a wealth of experience, whatever it is in, trains you for the job... etc etc etc... its a stepping stone and can be a gateway to a career if you make the right choice of what to do with your life. although the pay is crap whilst you are on it. its a sensible way into a career imo esp. for skilled jobs. :)