Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Why it pays to do work in advance

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Now on page 45. Got distracted a bit.

Test Log 31
    - Test Summary 31
    - Evidence 31

Development Log 31
    - Changes to Original Plan 31

sorry in the morning for whoever reads this boringness. I'm gonig a bit insane. It's 4:26 - exactly an hour since I last posted.
  • Options
    Finished it! Roughly 11 hours work (cos I had a 50 minute phone call to my girlfriend) and 50 pages. Not too shabby :cool:.

I might go bed now, but it's light already. Poo :(
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Yaay! Don't sleep past your deadline though.
  • Options
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    That is what I am doing right now. REgretting not doing it.

I had to do my Philosophy 4 hour timed essay (exam conditions, 4000 words plus, 4000 is MINIMUM) off the top of my head with little to no preperation.

I hope it is good enough. ;'(

ouch :x
  • Options
    Yaay! Don't sleep past your deadline though.

3.10pm today. Just got up feelin fesh bnut cant type lol. :)
    or stand up...

ive got to print it all out thoughm which can be a chore at my college

thanks for the moral suport!
  • Options
    did you get up and manage to hand it in? :hyper:
  • Options
    Well done for getting it finished. A level ICT is officially a bastard. :thumb:
  • Options

Agreed!
  • Options
    My god you stayed up late. The latest I've burned the midnight oil is about 12.30 am for coursework. There is no why I could do an all nighter. Well done for getting it complete.
  • Options

Sounds like it as well. I did GNVQ ICT a few years ago and that was a bastard - still, only failed by one mark...
  • Options
    My god you stayed up late. The latest I've burned the midnight oil is about 12.30 am for coursework. There is no why I could do an all nighter. Well done for getting it complete.
    be glad its atrocious.

i spent 3 days solid in uni up to my hand in date only going home (about 4 doors down lol) to get changed and have a shower. i read back what i wrote about a week ago and the last 4000 or so words read like im on drugs lol
  • Options
    melanie wrote:
    be glad its atrocious.

i spent 3 days solid in uni up to my hand in date only going home (about 4 doors down lol) to get changed and have a shower. i read back what i wrote about a week ago and the last 4000 or so words read like im on drugs lol

I dont even want to read through what I wrote lol :p

some of the last bit i wrote:
    It took a lot longer to complete the project than I had set time aside for in my original plan. Part of this is down to being poorly organised on my part, and another part is due to not getting the database right second time (I had planned for the first one to be a working piece, and the second to be a polished finished version). I had to take extra time to look at the database, found out where it was going wrong and tried to get round problems.

At the same time I had to start writing the technical documentation which was difficult because I wasn’t sure if my database was perfect, as it didn’t work perfectly first time (validation not properly working). This pushed time back and by the time I finished the database and had the witness statement I had to complete the user documentation. However, due to the extra few weeks I afforded myself in the initial plan I was able to finish the project before the end deadline.

(before the end deadline by a matter of hours ;))