Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

what you all up to on this luuuurvly sunny day?

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Oh the thought of smirnoff ice makes my already upset stomach really want to barf. Drank enough of them to get drunk once, and I can't even smell one anymore without throwing up a little.

I hope they don't run out of beer anymore for you :(
    So what do you do (for a job) where you just chill on the computer, you slacker:p
  • Options
    Do they sell Smirnoff Ice in America?
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    I hope they don't run out of beer anymore for you :(
    So what do you do (for a job) where you just chill on the computer, you slacker:p

I work for an IT company, I dont normally spend that much time at my desk, I should be up and about round the office fixing PC's, laptops etc...

But we have someone doing an apprenticeship with us at the moment and he is actually pretty good... so he is getting alot of it done... and im chilling out helping him every now and then and pissing about on the net! :D

So what do you do then? I see your slacking just as much as me! :yes:
  • Options
    I've been in the library revising. now I'm in the library checking my email.
  • Options
    *Stacey* wrote:
    Do they sell Smirnoff Ice in America?

Of course. All sorts of Smirnoff products.

Ah so your a computer geek then ;) Crap, I dont have any problems that I could harass you with :p I bet you have great stories about stupid people.

I am a secretary. My day is total Peter Gibbions stylee
    Well, I generally come in at least fifteen minutes late, ah, I use the side door - that way Lumbergh can't see me, heh - after that I sorta space out for an hour. Yeah, I just stare at my desk, but it looks like I'm working. I do that for probably another hour after lunch too, I'd say in a given week I probably only do about fifteen minutes of real, actual, work.

And its so sad cuz its so true. Well add in thesite and looking up funny movie quotes into the equation.

Oooo somebody just brought me mcdonalds breakfast :heart: they do care
  • Options
    I am having a lazy day but am off out tonight. WOOYAY
  • Options
    ogling motorbikes.

I should be doing IT coursework. I haven't got a chance in hell of completing it for monday, hence not getting the grades I need for uni, hence having to resit a year. But with motorbikes being sexy as they are it gets to the point where you dont care!
  • Options
    I've spent about two hours trying to get my computer working again. Maybe I should have gone out to enjoy the fresh air today, as I'm back at work tomorrow morning. Lovely. :(
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Went out for a Picnic to Castle Hill (old castle on big hill good views), now back at home chilling, considering a BBQ.
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    Ah so your a computer geek then ;) Crap, I dont have any problems that I could harass you with :p I bet you have great stories about stupid people.

I dont actually like my job that much... its taken me 3 years to decide that, thats why im thinking of becoming a mature student and going to uni next year to study Audio Engineering... means I could work in TV, Theater, Radio or film doing audio work.
    Would be fun, but I dont know if I could go back to being a broke student again!! Im aprotching my mid 20's as well!! oh well, we will see!

Yeah, I have some funny stories... one off hand would be an old bloke that came in and said his PC wouldnt switch on... I did the usual crap, was it turned on at the mains etc etc...
    Anyway, he said I have it with me in the car, shall I bring it in. I said ok... he goes out, and comes back with a keyboard!! :lol:
  • Options
    :lol: Thats hilarous.
    Could you take night classes and stuff so you can work the same still and go to school? Night classes always are easier anyways ;)
  • Options
    To be honest I havent had the time to look into it properly yet...

Only problem with night courses are the sort of places which do that kind of course are quite far away. So the idea of going to uni was to move away somewhere and do it.

I dont know though, I am actually doing well in my job at the moment, I have been promoted to manager of the section I work in (its only a small company so thats not exactly amazing) I have a few years experience behind me now...

I could go for a bigger job a bit closer to central London, It might be more interesting and I could end up on silly money!

Tis all very confusing!! :confused:
  • Options
    Why in the world would an office supply store sell catheters :S
    Up to a size 28fr. Ouch :p
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    I was teaching today. But because my class had 100% attendance this week we got an extra playtime so I sat on the grass verge for half an hour :D
  • Options
    sitting in fornt of my PC in my room hiding form the sunlight :p

bah my laptop sucks and the battery lasts about 5 minutes at best so I cant just sit outside with it ;<
  • Options
    I was in school and hence had to wear school uniform, but was soooooo hot because i couldn't take my jumper or blazer off coz i was a fool and wore a bra that could be seen through my shirt.. :yeees:

It best stay sunny this weekend for then i shall sit and revise in the sunshine in an attempt to lose my pastiness!
  • Options
    Went for a wee walk earlier. Gonna grab a few bottles now in a while and lie on the grass and have the craic with my mates then Union later on! :cool:
  • Options
    JsT wrote:
    Went out for a Picnic to Castle Hill (old castle on big hill good views), now back at home chilling, considering a BBQ.
    so jelous,

i was there in the snow a couple of months ago tho. was muchos fun

2castlehill0166gv.jpg
  • Options
    The canteen at my work has a huge sun terrace six floors up, right on the quayside. So it was really nice sitting out there with my dinner, getting a suntan.

tynebridge1.jpg

The wife's at work and the sun's gone off our yard now, so I've come in with my wine.
  • Options
    Today, I had the wonderful task of helping Year 7s who don't have a clue what a fact is.

After that, I had a test to do.
  • Options
    Today I am up to vomiting all over the place. Somebody is making fish. God it smells so fishy and eeeeeeewwwwwwwww.

But I'm leaving work an hour early :hyper: To drive for 6 hours :(
  • Options
    Cruising around Moscow. This city is fucking fantastic. I might make a travel thread in honour of its awesomeness.

n193101018_30458270_2235.jpg
  • Options
    today im going to go shopping.. with my dad :D good cuz i know he'll treat me if i ask him for stuff ;) lol

then tonight im going to my mates' 21st party.should be fun!
  • Options
    i think i might go to the park to revise again today, its far to nice a day to be stuck indoors.
    i need to go food shopping and buy some salad first, the warm weather has inspired me to do on a diet
  • Options
    in bed ill and off work
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    Of course. All sorts of Smirnoff products.

When I was in the states (Coming up for 2 years ago - loved it btw) I saw smirnoff ice apple (or similar name) which sounds really yummy but I never got the chace to try it (Was only 19 at the time). Is it as yummy as it sounds??
  • Options
    do they actually sell that many smirnof products in england?

all iv ever seen is smirnof ice/black ice, smirnof vodka, norsk and smirnof blue or black or whatever the import is
  • Options
    Yeah, thats all I've seen. But there is more out there.....
  • Options
    Sharry21 wrote:
    When I was in the states (Coming up for 2 years ago - loved it btw) I saw smirnoff ice apple (or similar name) which sounds really yummy but I never got the chace to try it (Was only 19 at the time). Is it as yummy as it sounds??

Couldn't tell ya. After the one I wont touch the stuff, except for the vodka cuz its real cheap but not gross imo.
  • Options
    I don't drink vodka and mixers any more....so bad for me. Makes me an angry violent crazy bitch... But pre-mixed bottles seem to agree with me better.