Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Steve McLaren confirmed as next England manager

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Ruud seen leaving United

LOL.

It is a shame about Ruud. Whatever people think about him, he's become a United legend in the time he's been here. It is an inevitability that he will leave now I feel. But you've got to look forward. He's 29 and age starts to show quickly when you're a striker. But how are we supposed to replace him? Hopefully it will give Rossi more first team chances because he's going to be a star, and it will open the door to Saha, but he's injury prone, so we'll need someone.

I agree that it was right to let both Beckham and Keane go. Beckham has never been the player he once was for United back around 2000/2001. It was time for Keane to move on. He was still a great player, playing Gerrard and Vieria of the park any time he met them, but it would be impossible for him to remain the engine room of the team for a whole season. And you can't use Roy Keane as a bit-part player.

You can't write Fergie off. He's definitely the man for the job for the time being at least. We were second in the league with a developing team, and played the best football for the most part of the season. We finished with 83 points, guess how many points won us the league in 2003? 83. People say Fergie's lost it, and the team's in decline. It's not true. The bar has just been raised by Abramovich, and we have to meet the challenge. Hopefully with a couple of decent (and I mean top class) signings in the summer we can do that.
  • Options
    Addict wrote:
    But how are we supposed to replace him?

I don't think we will buy another striker, the money will be invested in midfielders, a defensive ball winner is what we desperately need, possibly Diarra if you believe speculation.
  • Options
    godscop wrote:
    I don't think we will buy another striker, the money will be invested in midfielders, a defensive ball winner is what we desperately need, possibly Diarra if you believe speculation.

Now Real Madrid have ceased their interest hopefully he can be got relatively cheap. Need another midfielder though, a playmaker.
  • Options
    Addict wrote:
    Now Real Madrid have ceased their interest hopefully he can be got relatively cheap. Need another midfielder though, a playmaker.

We need a long term replacement for Scholes although I think he will serve us well next season once hes match fit. Our attacking play has been good in the second half of last season, its still the best in the country with or without RVN.

However we can't keep using O'Shea in Keanes old role, its fine against most teams but as soon as we come up against a good side like Liverpool in the cup and Chelsea the other week, any game in Europe we are over run. Its a good job most of the teams in the league can't shoot for shit or we wouldn't have finished 2nd.
  • Options
    Bri-namite wrote:
    Ferguson should have retired 23 years ago today IMHO :yes:

That would be the day after his last game with Aberdeen, would it? ;)