Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

What should i do?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Sorry if this is in the wrong place, feel free to move it.

The thing is i'm not sure what to do. Me and my ex split up at christmas, thats all fine, but when we were together i took out a card with blockbuster. I then moved to uni in september and left the card with him, which made sense as i wouldn't be using it. But since we've split, he's still been using the card, but he took a game back late. I now keep gettin a bill for £25 through my door because it was taken back late. the card is in my name, but he still has it.

I've rang him several times and each time he says he is paying it that day and then obviously isnt. I dont want any bad feelings between us as the main reason we split was because i was at uni. We have no reason not to get on, but i really am losing patience with him.

What else can i do to try and make him pay it? I don't have a spare £25 to pay a bill i am not responsible for.

Comments

• Options
    Ohh my sister did this once - it was about 10 years ago now though I never bothered to pay the bill or get another video out of blockbuster ever again - problem solved.

Having said that they never actually bothered to send me a letter....
  • Options
    Give them a ring, explain and ask them to cancel the card.
  • Options
    bongbudda wrote:
    Give them a ring, explain and ask them to cancel the card.

I did that, but they told me that they cant cancel the card until the bill had been paid. I spoke to my dad last night and he's gonna pay it, but my ex has lost any little bit of resepct he left in our house (as he still comes round coz he's mates with my brother), he never actually come in the house tho, just waits on the corner our street for him
  • Options
    The card is in your name right? A female name I presume. The ex took out a game on it and he is a male, I presume. Perhaps you can get out of the fine if you make enough fuss about the fact that the person who took out the game was obviously not the card holder and that the blockbuster staff who served him must have been negligent to rent out a game to someone who they should presume was not authorised to do so on your card...
  • Options
    My problem though was that even though the card was in my sisters name i was still the main account holder as i was the one who was over 18.
  • Options
    katralla wrote:
    The card is in your name right? A female name I presume. The ex took out a game on it and he is a male, I presume. Perhaps you can get out of the fine if you make enough fuss about the fact that the person who took out the game was obviously not the card holder and that the blockbuster staff who served him must have been negligent to rent out a game to someone who they should presume was not authorised to do so on your card...

althought the card is in my name, when i took it out they asked if there was anyone else who i wanted to allow to use the card, at the time we were still together, so i put it so he was allowed to use it.