Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Personal Ads

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    PussyKatty wrote:
    I think it would be preferable to be in your 20s and never had a relationship rather than having had relationships just for the sake of it.

A lot of people just go out with someone for the sake of it, or because they're insecure, or flattered someone asked, or because all their friends are in relationships, rather than actually wanting to be in a relationship with that person.

I would be happy to go out with a guy who had never had a serious relationship.

Well when did i ever disagree with that?!

All i'm saying is if you look anywhere on those like dating websites or what have you, in my opinion they are either ugly or just sound weird, and you can understand why maybe they're having to resort to that.

I never said everyone who hasn't had a relationship is hideous or dire which is what people seem to be getting at.
  • Options
    I have looked on dating websites, to me it looks like a mixture of every day people, normal, good looking, strange, all sorts really.

It's not necessarily resorting to just that. Some people are fed up with meeting people in bars who just want sex, or all their friends have partners so they don't meet anyone new.

I don't see anything wrong in using a dating website although it's better for something to progress naturally. But people are impatient now.
  • Options
    piccolo wrote:
    I don't think it's fair to brand someone as hideous or dire because they've never been in a relationship. Some people don't go out looking, or look in the wrong places, who knows? "No one wants them" is such a babyish reaction to someone who's single in their 20s.
    LacyMay wrote:
    Ok the vast majority are hideous and dire then.

I wonder which I am/was the vast majority or the small minority of good looking single people in there 20's. I never had a relationship until I was 20, but I was happy and I had lots of friends both male and female over the years. I just never found someone who I liked as more then just a friend, who also felt the same way, but I would rather keep them as a friend then try to force them into a relationship.

The other thing that use to happen was that I seemed to get intrest from guys, who I was not intrested in forming a relationship with, so rather then lead them on and get there hopes up I would always tell them that I only saw them as a friend. Ok so it might have hurt tem to hear that, but at least I had not lead them on and told them at a later stage when it would have hurt them more.
  • Options
    Little_one wrote:
    I wonder which I am/was the vast majority or the small minority of good looking single people in there 20's. I never had a relationship until I was 20, but I was happy and I had lots of friends both male and female over the years. I just never found someone who I liked as more then just a friend, who also felt the same way, but I would rather keep them as a friend then try to force them into a relationship.

The other thing that use to happen was that I seemed to get intrest from guys, who I was not intrested in forming a relationship with, so rather then lead them on and get there hopes up I would always tell them that I only saw them as a friend. Ok so it might have hurt tem to hear that, but at least I had not lead them on and told them at a later stage when it would have hurt them more.

Do you people not even read my posts.

I said the vast majority of people i had seen on either dating websites, or like had seen their personal ads were either a) desperate, b) hideous or c) dire.

Never did i say that people who hadn't had relationships were that. People wanna learn to fuckin read.
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    Hardly a reason.
    I've never had a tumor. You really need to stop living your life around the fact that you've never had a girlfriend or had sex. If you let it control you then you will be sad and desperate and it will be obvious and people will not want to hang around with a person so bent up on it. They aren't that interesting.

Just let it go. It isn't a big deal. Your not the only one. Just live your life and stop spending every waking hour thinking about it. You'll be happier and probably more likely to get a girlfriend.

Nicely put, hun. :thumb:

But as another poster said, Faceparty-type places are good 'cos its relatively cheap (unlike dating sites from what I have heard).
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    my_name wrote:
    It isn't a big deal.
    I'd think anything that you see pretty much everywhere around you qualifies as a "big deal".
  • Options
    Id say dont try too hard as this totally puts people off. I think its okay to try dating websites, Ive joined a few as Im sick of meeting twats when Im out who I have nothing in common with. On the net if your looking for something more than a fling in a way it can be better as you have a chance to chat to the people a bit first. And if it doesnt work out at least you may have made a new aquaintance/friend. Ive made a couple of friends through one of these sites so far. But, in reality really it all just comes down to chance. The best most successful relationships I have had have been from chance meetings. Im sure you will randomly come across someone at some point and connect. Just have to be patient really, its all down to luck! Just concentrate on enjoying yourself and other areas in your life then when your least expecting it, it will haappen.
  • Options
    i dont see anything wrong with dating thingys. Some people may be desperate but i doubt all of them are, i bet some just want to meet people with similiar interests

Its not like the olden days any more. People arent the same any more. When you meet someone in a bar its hard to work out what they want, at least if you meet people in a way like on a dating website or from a personal ad, you already know what they want, and you already know what there interests are.

I know that if i had been single for a long time and was fed up or wanted to meet new people or whatever, i wouldnt be ashamed to put an ad in a paper or on a website, its only another way of meeting people, after all.

And to be honest, i dont think its any more desperate than people who go to clubs with the aim of pulling.
  • Options
    I met my soontobe girlfriend on the internet, it wasnt a dating service, but i did say i was looking for a long term relationship on my profile. She wasnt wierd or unattractive, infact she is lovely and intelligent, although, tbh i think she was the only one i found which wasnt a little bit creepy. But yeah, there is a chance of finding some one nice. :D Lucky me!
  • Options
    I'm currently corresponding with an older woman on a website. I've not had a g/f before due to personal problems I don't want to go into now, but I feel an older woman might be more understanding.
  • Options
    Tugger wrote:
    I'm currently corresponding with an older woman on a website. I've not had a g/f before due to personal problems I don't want to go into now, but I feel an older woman might be more understanding.

You're considering going in to a relationship with baggage? Yowch
  • Options
    It would be a good idea to look at speed dating as it has been know to be very successful as well as fun!Hope it helps!
  • Options
    You're considering going in to a relationship with baggage? Yowch
    Not necessarily so, she's divorced and open-minded about our age difference.
  • Options
    Blah wrote:
    i dont see anything wrong with dating thingys. Some people may be desperate but i doubt all of them are, i bet some just want to meet people with similiar interests

Its not like the olden days any more. People arent the same any more. When you meet someone in a bar its hard to work out what they want, at least if you meet people in a way like on a dating website or from a personal ad, you already know what they want, and you already know what there interests are.

I know that if i had been single for a long time and was fed up or wanted to meet new people or whatever, i wouldnt be ashamed to put an ad in a paper or on a website, its only another way of meeting people, after all.

And to be honest, i dont think its any more desperate than people who go to clubs with the aim of pulling.

Couldn't have said it better myself :thumb:
  • Options
    Tugger,
    I've been reading some of your posts, you seem to massively lack self-confidence, are lonely and lack a social life. You seem to be trying everything from sex dolls and prostitutes to personal ads. I think what you need to do is rebuild yourself and get out there and meet people. I know it may seem tough at the moment but you will meet someone special eventually. Why not buy some new clothes, start an exercise regime and consider joining a few clubs or society's where you can meet new people and make friends. You seem to be getting very desperate and wanting sudden results now, take your time, rebuild your life and you will feel better about yourself, your confidence will grow and you will meet people. Good luck