Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

How important is being attractive?

13»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I reckon that if you think being attractive is important then it will be. The way you feel and the way you see yourself has so much effect on the way other people see you. So if you're having a bad hair day and you let that effect your thinking then people are more likely to notice and care about the fact that you're having a bad hair day. In my opinion. (not that that makes it any easier to be confident when you know perfectly well that you look like there's a bee hive on your head.

Though I imagine that ridiculously gorgeous people have a lot to live up to. Which might be difficult for them. (like i care. goddamn people with perfect skin hair and body 24/7 effortlessly!)
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    attractiveness

i think that even if you are in the best mood, they way a person looks is very important, particularly for first impressions. that is not to say that someone has to be stunningly gorgeous to give a good impression, but they should put themselves together well for a job interview or meeting a new group of friends. the way a person looks most definitely has an impact on the way people perceive them. i know i get better responses and service when i am dressed up than when i am in sweats. in either case, i am the same person, just dressed and put together differently.