Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

firefox & login details

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
When i changed my username on here and a few other forums i use i deleted all the login details and passwords that were old. However it never prompted me to save the new login details. I'm considering deleting everything, all login details [printed a lost off of all my current ones] clearing all caches all form entrys EVERYThing that is currently saved in firefox.

However, will this actually get FF to ask me to save passwords / login details again ? [all tick boxes that should be checked are before anyone asks]

If not i'll just have to do a full uninstall / reinstall but find out how to delete all registry entries so that the lot os unistalled. Got bookmark backup so not worried about losing anything this time.

Before all the Opera lovers come in ranting about getting that, I've downloaded the latest version and will be installing it at some point tonight to try, again.

Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Options
    If you go to 'Tools....Options....Privacy....Passwords....View Saved Passwords' then here you can see both your 'Passwords Saved' sites and 'Passwords Never Saved' sites. You can wipe each list individually.
  • Options
    Yeah that's what i did to delete the old username and password's for here and other forums but it didnt ask if i wanted the new details saved.

Also, why do cookies keep getting cleared when i have made them exceptions within FF ?
  • Options
    I'm not sure about the cookies...I manage mine using an extension called "Cookie button in the status bar"...
  • Options
    I've tried everything i know to sort my the issues i've got with cookies and login details and nothing is working. Think i'll raise this on the firefox support forums and see what happens. Might just try to find out how to completely uninstall firefox and do a fresh install.
  • Options
    Sorry I couldn't help you more with that...
  • Options
    No worries wooooooooah. I'll get it sorted eventually
  • Options
    I had an idea before I saw this:
    EDN1 wrote:
    [all tick boxes that should be checked are before anyone asks]

Hope you can get some help from the FF forums