Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Strange query about Balls

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
When i say ball, i mean as in the uni graduation ball ;P

Tickets are going on sale soon, and im not sure if i should go or not.

Is it the sort of thing where you take a date? Ive never even been to a ball before.

Would i look like a complete plum if i went on my own? Im guessing so

I do have someone i could ask but tickets are £40 each and i cant really afford to buy 2 tickets let alone 1

I really dont want to miss my graduation ball, its one of those things u just have to go to, and look back on the photos when old in a rocking chair etc.

Comments

• Options
    i'd definately go! you'll know other people who will be there won't you? and i'm sure not everyone has a partner to take with them.

there was a power cut on my side of the road earlier on! :(
  • Options
    i'd definately go! you'll know other people who will be there won't you? and i'm sure not everyone has a partner to take with them.

there was a power cut on my side of the road earlier on! :(

all my friends have dates

yeh i know about the power cut, tee hee!!
  • Options
    God how dissapointing when I found out there were no testical balls involved :(

Either way... :p
    I'm just assuming (ass out of u and ming) of say the prom or something with this ball. Just so it makes sense for me. Alot of people went as groups of friends. Everyone has their dates, or their friends. By the time the dance actually gets started its just peole, not boyfriend/girlfriend kind of deal. Just a big social gathering where everybody is dressed nice imo. Even if your friends have dates, I dont think that matters much. Like for here, the only thing the actual date was good for was for paying for dinner and to look good with at the promanade infront of the town. So I would say definatly go. :thumb:
  • Options
    Wow uni ball tickets have gone up since i last went to one a few years ago. I'd say go doesn't matter if you take someone or not really. Think for all the balls i went to "Freshers", "Summer" "Christmas" and "Grad" i only took a date to one of them. Normally just went with a group of friends.

Either way i'd say go, their great fun. getting all dressed up to get drunk and have a laugh.
  • Options
    I went to the Lincoln Uni graduation ball last year and some people took partners and others didn't. I think you should go, it was fab night last year.
  • Options
    The only people who brought dates to our grad ball were people who already had a boy/girlfriend. All of my friends (male and female) just went in groups. But once you get there, everyone just hangs out like a normal night out. It'll be about 6 or 7 hours long, so no-one's gonna stay attached to one person for that length of time. And if you're feeling a bit lonely, everyone's up for pulling in my experience. ;)
  • Options
    Blah wrote:
    all my friends have dates

yeh i know about the power cut, tee hee!!

how did you know about it? :grump: there was another one for about 1 minute when i was going to bed.

if you want to go then go, not as if you'll be alone during the actual thing (unless your friends plan on spending alllll their time with their dates). and you might meet some new people! :D

p.s. did you see me last saturday? i saw you. :p
  • Options
    how did you know about it? :grump: there was another one for about 1 minute when i was going to bed.

if you want to go then go, not as if you'll be alone during the actual thing (unless your friends plan on spending alllll their time with their dates). and you might meet some new people! :D

p.s. did you see me last saturday? i saw you. :p

Whaat!! No way, where did you see me?? I never saw you :grump: I knew about the power cut because the whole of that side of the street was in darkness, not hard to miss, haha

Back to the topic, everyone who has said that i should go, has been to a ball alone but only when not everyone else has dates. Seriously, everyone i know has sorted out someone to take already. I would be the only one in my big group of friends that is on my own.

Has anyone been to one truly alone?
  • Options
    Blah wrote:
    Whaat!! No way, where did you see me?? I never saw you :grump: I knew about the power cut because the whole of that side of the street was in darkness, not hard to miss, haha

Back to the topic, everyone who has said that i should go, has been to a ball alone but only when not everyone else has dates. Seriously, everyone i know has sorted out someone to take already. I would be the only one in my big group of friends that is on my own.

Has anyone been to one truly alone?

you were waiting to cross onto your side of the road at the traffic lights and i was walking towards my car (where you were coming from i assume). you crossed just as i got near you. you had some morrisons shopping bags. :p

back to topic..

i'm sure your friends will spend time together as a big group and not just with their dates. why don't you ask them? tell them you're a bit unsure about going alone and i'm sure they'll do their best to make you feel un-alone!
  • Options
    you were waiting to cross onto your side of the road at the traffic lights and i was walking towards my car (where you were coming from i assume). you crossed just as i got near you. you had some morrisons shopping bags. :p

back to topic..

i'm sure your friends will spend time together as a big group and not just with their dates. why don't you ask them? tell them you're a bit unsure about going alone and i'm sure they'll do their best to make you feel un-alone!

Ohh i remember, i had literally just arrived in lincoln since going home over easter! I always seem to miss you, and you always see me :o maybe i need to look around more when walking.

As for my friends, i just have this feeling we will be there and they will all be obsessed with their partners and i'll have nobody to talk to, then i think of photos and stuff where it will be everyone posing with there person and then me on the end. People will point and laugh.

I need money. So i can buy 2 tickets. And invite someone.
  • Options
    get them to pay for their own ticket!
  • Options
    get them to pay for their own ticket!

I cant really do that, it would be rude. £40 is a lot of money for someone to pay for someone elses occasion
  • Options
    They'll be other people there without a date and like my_name said people will mingle anyway.

I also agree with lucifer and that they could pay for their own ticket, you could get one of your other friends to go with you.

Definately don't miss out on it though just because of this because you'll regret it in the end. x
  • Options
    i think you should take lucifer devil
  • Options
    You won't be the only one there who is single.

There will be plenty of other single people.Can't you invite one of your friends to go along with you?
  • Options
    MrG wrote:
    i think you should take lucifer devil

:lol:
  • Options
    If you haven't got a date, go anyway.

It'll be full of single people trying to pull for one last time:D
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    If you haven't got a date, go anyway.

It'll be full of single people trying to pull for one last time:D
    True that. I have 3 balls to go to this summer, all based at Uni within a week, and only one dress... Hmmm...