Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Wearing chains/necklaces outside jumper

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Yer but she has got a tiny gold necklase...

Now that's a proper one...

beach_bather.jpg
  • Options
    I wear a little tiny silver chain, ususally over the jumper I usually wear, but it doesn't look tacky in my opinion, cos the chain is so tiny!
  • Options
    your-babe wrote:
    I wear a little tiny silver chain, ususally over the jumper I usually wear, but it doesn't look tacky in my opinion, cos the chain is so tiny!
    I think he's more on about that tacky oversized crap you get in argos. Can't say I'm a big fan of the "showing off how rich you are" thing that american rappers seem to be into. It's even stupider when you're not actually rich. People may say they like the style, or whatever, but the entire reason for huge designer logos and oversized jewellery is to show off. And don't pretend it isn't because I bet if you offered someone like this an item of clothing that was identical, but instead of Von Dutch, it said George of Asda in huge letters, they wouldn't wear it. Everyone was like that in school. Remember when you had to have trainers with "real air" in them. Everyone used to go round checking that you could push the bubble in, then take the piss out of the kid with a pair of Mercury's with the "fake air."

And God, some people on this thread have got to lighten up. It's only a bit of a pisstake. Nothing wrong with a bit of light-hearted stereotyping. No-one here (I assume) really believes that someone's gonna beat you up just cause they're dressed a certain way. I mean, why would they need to, they're obviously rich, look at all those gold (plated) chains they've got on. :p
  • Options
    I think he's more on about that tacky oversized crap you get in argos. Can't say I'm a big fan of the "showing off how rich you are" thing that american rappers seem to be into. It's even stupider when you're not actually rich. People may say they like the style, or whatever, but the entire reason for huge designer logos and oversized jewellery is to show off.

I hate when there is big designer logo on clothes, people pay shit loads for it, when it is the designer that should pay them for being such a good advertisement on legs...
  • Options
    I hate when there is big designer logo on clothes, people pay shit loads for it, when it is the designer that should pay them for being such a good advertisement on legs...
    I heard something about Adidas handing out their shoes (the Run DMC) to black kids in LA, so that they could build the gangster image up. Not sure whether it's true or not. I'm still waiting for the 'bored office worker in small town' image to take off.
  • Options
    And God, some people on this thread have got to lighten up. It's only a bit of a pisstake. Nothing wrong with a bit of light-hearted stereotyping. No-one here (I assume) really believes that someone's gonna beat you up just cause they're dressed a certain way. I mean, why would they need to, they're obviously rich, look at all those gold (plated) chains they've got on. :p

Couldn't believe the reaction either, jut something I posted when I was bored, some people take themselves and their principles far to seriously.