Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

First love finding someone else..

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ok, so I broke up with my first love about a year ago on bitter terms. It even felt like we broke up for a stupid reason.. anyway as time went on we tried to be friends but the atmosphere was far too weird and we used to just argue all of the time. So I cut contact with her.

Everything was fine, I went out with my mates, got absolutely smashed every weekend for about 8 months but stayed away from girls because I really couldn't be bothered with anymore heartache.

I thought I was completely over her and generally felt happy, but now I've just found out shes going out with someone else (was passively told by a friend of a friend) and its knocked me back. All those old feelings have come back like when we had just finished and I don't for the life of me know why :(

I don't even want to get back with her so why does it hurt?

Comments

• Options
    losing any love (but your first) is going to hurt. Its a natural thing for feelings to come back if when the person inquestion has found someone else (or at least i had this and all my friends have in the past).

The only thing i can suggest is what people have said to me in the past, continue what your doing, go out with friends, have a laugh, keep busy. It will pass with time. I know thats not always the most helpful thing to say, but its all i can say at the moment.

PS welcome to the boards.
  • Options
    As youngbull said, keep doing what you're doing, time is you friend when it comes to borken heart..
  • Options
    Nice one lads, it's nice to know I'm not the only one, which is what I was originally worried about I think. I kind of thought that after a year my feelings for her would be completely killed off.

Youngbull - Cheers mate, it's nice to finally come across a board with some intelligent/interesting information.
  • Options
    I agree with what Youngbull has said really.

First loves hurt the most. Don't be scared of meeting anyone else though. When I broke up with my first love it hurt like a bitch for about a year. It took me ages to get over him. It takes time. Just keep doing what you are doing, going out having fun and meet new people :)

You will meet somebody else. Everybody does.
  • Options
    Yeah that's true. People have always told me that your first love is the one you remember forever. It's just weird how I was perfectly fine and then back to that evil feeling I had a year ago within a couple of minutes..

I'm feeling loads better now that I've slept on it though.. could have just been the shock of the news.