Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Hair growth marking the end of height growth in men?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi.

I've got a cousin who's 5"7ish. He's very nearly 18. He wants to be taller, but in particular he's got a fair bit of stubble on his face (it's not beard, but it's no bumfluff either) - he wants to know basically if reasonable facial hair marks the end of a guys height growth. I didn't know the answer (he's got more face hair than me, im taller but older and I don't have a clue when I started getting it) so I thought I'd ask if anyone here knew.

Just for his peace of mind really.

Cheers.

Comments

• Options
    Males finish growing at about 20 i think

i dont know about the facial hair marking the end of growth, i doubt it, because i remember boys at school who got thick facial hair young and carried on growing

theres no point in him worrying about it anyway, its not as if he can do anything about it
  • Options
    I had facial hair before I stop my height grow, so I don't think it is related, same for a cousin of mine... Men can grow up to 21 yo...
  • Options
    I grew up until about 21 or 22, by 23 all people shouldnt grow so he's still got a few more years yet.

To my knowledge facial hair has nothing to do with height.
  • Options
    My dad thought he'd stopped growing when he was 20, standing at 6ft 3in, then at 24 he shot up to 6ft 7in. He still cant grow a full beard:p
  • Options
    Zella wrote:
    My dad thought he'd stopped growing when he was 20, standing at 6ft 3in, then at 24 he shot up to 6ft 7in. He still cant grow a full beard:p

Your dad must be like the green giant from the adverts :)
  • Options
    More like an over sized father ted
  • Options
    Cheers for the replies so far. He'll be abit relieved I reckon. Feel free to carry on discussing.

I know a few people who are 6foot7ish

It reminds me of what it's like talking to your Dad as a kid.

Are you tall Zella?
  • Options
    6'7 isn't that big, both my brother and dad are 6'6. They don't seem tall at all :(

But anyways. I don't think hair growth has any correlation to height. You always see those weird 13 year old kids who grow the full beard *shudder* :p Some men get facial hair alot younger than others . It doesn't mean they will stop growing.