Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

curing stress before i die.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
well i'm actually getting beyond the joke with my stressedness at the moment.

its 100% down to work, its not just too much work its the way it gets done, i have piles and piles of stuff to go through and me and the other people that do the same job do as much as we can and generally make no mistakes and stuff.

its mainly people coming and asking stupid questions, im too nice to tell them to read the fucking stuff i'd already given them, but the information is always there and they just dont read it.

its starting to well piss me off.

we've just got a new computer system thats supposed to help us out but its made things worse if anything, nothings getting done outside our office.

yet we always get the blame when things get done.

this probably makes no sense to people but i just needed a rant, im in the worst mood ever at the moment and it doesnt look like its going to improve at all. i'd leave the job if i could afford to, but i cant afford time off in between finding jobs etc...

anyone got any tips for stress relief?

:shocking:

Comments

• Options
    <333

I can't offer much help i'm afraid cos I like having lots of work to do - in fact i work better when do - i'll always choose an exam over course work and leave things to the last minuite also cos my only coping mechanisums are drinking and shouting.
  • Options
    like i say its not down to the amounts of work ive got, its some of coqs i have to work with, my 18month old neice has more bloody brains than some of these clown shoes.

drinking and shouting sounds good. i'll do that
  • Options
    My job can get like that sometimes, cant be a right pain in the arse...

I know exactly what you mean as well, about its not the amount, its just the way it gets done! :mad:

I just generally try and keep in my head that when 6pm comes, I will be out that door and not have to worry about work for the evening!
    Always helps if im going out for a few beers after work too!

Another thing I try and do when everything is getting abit ontop is just list every single thing you need to do or help people with... then prioritse it...
    Do a couple of the quick shitty things on the list to reduce it and then you will slowly start to feel better about whats going on!

Good luck mate!
    Just remeber to vent off some steam on here every now and then!
  • Options
    cheers for that james. i home now and had some food and feel a bit more relaxed.

was supposed to play 5 a side tonight and turns out we only have 3 players, so thats pissed me off again now! why do people say they will play and then say "i cant be bothered now" ball sacks
  • Options
    hey
    Just thought I'd give you a few links to some articles that might help you:

Coping with stress

Work related stress

If it's to do with work, maybe you should try and talk to your manager about the problems you're having. Maybe you could call a meeting with the people who are causing the problems and set out some procedures for the way you work together? If everyone knows their responsibilitiesn it might help?