Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Modafinil

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Greetings all,

My friend picked up some Modafinil (Trade name Modo Alert 200) which I've done a bit of research into, and it looks pretty good. I'm in the midst of writing my dissertation (10,000 words in a week) and have an intensive exam period straight after that.

I was just wondering what kind of experiences/hearsay you might have of this stuff. Also, he didn't really say where he got them from; they appear to be sold without prescription on the internet, but I'm also concerned they're counterfeit (so probably just sugar placebos). What d'yall think?

Comments

• Options
    Don't entrust something as important as your final year to an unknown quantity.

Caffine (for example) temporarily relieves tiredness but can impact upon concentration. Tolerance and withdrawl are problems with frequent use of any stimulant.

Moderate Morning exercise and strong tea are probably your best bets, not what you wanna hear i know but i think its the truth.
  • Options
    I'd expect it comes in pill form? Make sure the pill markings match up with the actual pill markings.
    Effectwise, if you're looking for the extreme concentration that adderall/ritalin provide, look elsewhere. Modafinil will keep you awake and content, that's about it.
  • Options
    Odd little drug, one of the newer anti-narcalepsy drugs, still un-regulated in the UK if I'm not mistaken. I've got a mate who seems to like it, as with all new drugs the side effects and possible risks are somewhat unknown.