Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

More Sexual Partners??

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
do people find this a problem when u are with someone and they have had more sexual partners than ureself??

Comments

• Options
    What kind of problem?
  • Options
    doesnt bother me one bit, not something i generally talk about while dating tbh. i can kinda see why some people would be bothered, but it doesnt get to me as long as im the only partner while we are together
  • Options
    Depends on the number I guess, big numbers can be more of a problem as you might wonder if you're not going to just be an other shag on the list... Otherwise I don't think it does much difference, well at least not to me, all my partners always had sex with more different partners than I... Can make me wonder a bit to start with, but never really bother me that much...
  • Options
    It doesn't bother me to be honest, though as far as I'm aware I've never been with anyone who had an exorbitant number of previous partners (can't say I've always even asked).

As far as I'm concerned, everything in a person's past - including their sexual experience - makes them who they are (and is, by definition, the past). So if I was interested enough to be beginning a relationship with them then I don't think numbers, lists and figures would really matter at all. :)
  • Options
    I'd rather be with someone who'd had more partners. But that's only because I don't have a lot of experience and I'd want to be with someone who knew what they were doing.

Apart from that, I probably wouldn't give it a second thought.
  • Options
    Why does it matter?
  • Options
    no, it wouldn't bother me. but i'd be a bit put off if they were the local bike so to speak and had a reputation for cheating.
  • Options
    Interesting subject really, numbers shouldn’t matter but unfortunately they do to a lot of people when it’s a true relationship.

Two main camps on this one, the ignorance is bliss approach or want to know everything. I’ve seen people fall down with both methods (Including me).

Basically I’ve found its better not to talk about it unless you can really handle the truth (and many people cannot). All that matters now is that he/she is with you.
  • Options
    I was actually glad that my boyfriend had a few before me (he was my first) Least he had a bit of experience.
  • Options
    its not a problem its just i wanted peoples views on it...

totally agree with tp023 about the whole truth thing tho, some people cant take it and some people can