Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Guinea pigging for trainee hairdressers

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Noticed an ad in the window of Toni&Guy for blow dry models for trainees. Does anybody know whats involved, whether you have to pay etc? I could do with a trim and a restyle.

Comments

• Options
    i've had mine done a few times by a trainee. it depends what stage the hairdresser is at, the first time he could only do a trim and the second time i had to get a complete re-style but both times were free. i also got it coloured dark with blonde streaks for only £20. both times i had a great haircut
  • Options
    TBH I'd prefer a trim, but I'm open to a restyle if I can keep the length. They want dye models as well, but I'm halfway through growing out a colour and you can't tell, so I'm not having anything permanent done.
  • Options
    My friend went to do that.... but they only did restyles, not trims/colours, but anyhoo, she got a lovely new hair cut, something that she wouldn't have attempted to do have done normally :)
  • Options
    I went and had a hair cut with a trainee at T&G. I was not happy - the girl cocked it up, so the senior sylist gave me a restyle for free.
  • Options
    im getting mine done at the vidal sasson academy next week - £11 so its cheaper than the salon where i used to work in spite of my massive discount
    they said it'd take 3 hours though - fecking eck!
  • Options
    i go to the trainee days at martin eaton and thats good - not free though - still quite expensive for a hair cut, but they always do a good job, on dying, re-styling or just trimming