Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Removal of upper lip hair

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Can anyone recommend from experience a product that would remove upper lip hair aka female moustache? :D I have very light hairs appearing, they are not too noticeable but they make me feel self-concious.

Comments

• Options
    sally hansen's extra strength. Its in the blue box :p I dont know about upper lip, but it gets rid of the danger zone hair and thats the first wax I've used that actually does git rid of it.
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    sally hansen's extra strength. Its in the blue box :p I dont know about upper lip, but it gets rid of the danger zone hair and thats the first wax I've used that actually does git rid of it.

as in it doesn't grow back, ever?
  • Options
    Of course it grows back, its only wax. But like I've alywas used a sugar wax on my eyebrows and when using it on difficult hair, it doesn't remove it at all, you just get red and still hairy.

Though I got my lip waxed once years ago, I'd suggest doing it on a Friday (if you go to school or work on mondays and such) as for the next few days I had dry peely skin right on my upper lip. How embaressing. I was like 14 and everybody accused me of having a blow job mishap :\
  • Options
    Sofie wrote:
    as in it doesn't grow back, ever?

With waxing, it's rare it wont grow back.

If you wanted permanent hair removal, professional epilation treatment is the way to go. It involves a needle being put in the hair follicle, and you'll have to go for a salon for it.

It can be pricey, but if you're feeling cheap, and super brave, your local college will have a studnet salon probably (if they do a beauty course) and many will be open to the public - and they're dirt cheap!
  • Options
    from a blokes point of view - unless they're thick black hairs which make you look like a mexican minus the sombraro, don't worry about it.

light hairs are normal on every person.
  • Options
    BritJames wrote:
    from a blokes point of view - unless they're thick black hairs which make you look like a mexican minus the sombraro, don't worry about it.

light hairs are normal on every person.

I'd assume shes doing it more for a personal thing. See hair, remove hair, not matter if anybody can see it or cares or not.
  • Options
    Yes I know.
    But my point was that she really shouldn't worry. She's only .. 22ish - I'm sure she doesn't want to be doing this for years to come.

The more you cut / wax / shave it off, the faster it grows.
  • Options
    BritJames wrote:
    Yes I know.
    But my point was that she really shouldn't worry. She's only .. 22ish - I'm sure she doesn't want to be doing this for years to come.

The more you cut / wax / shave it off, the faster it grows.

I think when waxing it doesn't allow grow much faster, cutting and shaving will sure do it... Also a solution is laser treatment, after few times hair will no longer grow anymore, more expensive tho...
  • Options
    Yes, I can see this 22 year old going for laser surgery.
  • Options
    Thanks everyone. As my_name said, it is not a big deal I just want to do it for me. I think I am going to go to the beauticians and ask them what the best thing to do is.
  • Options
    Laser treatment hurts like a bitch though I should warn! I havnt had it done :D but its need into every hair follicle on your lip and ripping it out! It leaves your skin very sore afterwards and has to be done over a few sessions. Also, if the hair grows back you are NOT allowed to touch it or remove it in anyway except shaving as it does not effect the hair follicle! But on a positive note once you've had it done a few time (probably 3) you will be hair free forever! YAY!
  • Options
    I usually bleach my top lip hair, because it's so fine. But I had it waxed a couple of weeks ago and I'm dead impressed...

Ilora x