Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Staying in control

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm starting to realize fully that I have a problem with needing to stay in control of everything I do. I need everything to be absolutely 100% and if somebody else is doing something I think I know better I feel awful because I want so much to say or do something. I think things through in advance so that it will go according to plan.
And yet I can deal with surprises. I'm not a slave to plans, and it's usually that the more I think about something the more uneasy I get about it.

What can I do? This is beginning to affect me as well as my main hobby, and I am at a total loss. I do try to live with a 'don't think, just act' mindset but sometimes I remember all too late. I would hate for this to get worse.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I think it's good to plan ahead, but you have to remember that in life nothing ever go perfectly to plan and need to accept it otherwise it will just cause you a lot of stress. That's the trouble with being organised and a perfectionist, you always want everything to go perfectly and it is really rare that it does.

And sometimes if you think something would be better done an other way I don't think you should try no to say anything, any criticism is good to take and people might realise your way is better and more efficient.

One thing so, is you have to learn to expect for stuff to go wrong and try to not let problems occuring affecting you too much as problems will always happend.

A good motto for any part of life is: Hope for the best, be ready for the worse.