Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Happy thoughts for my first date!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Well, further to my erections while dancing post (oh how romantic) I have arranged my first proper date with my newest fella. Its just drinks, nothing fancy and I've been out with him before but this is the 'first date' more official n all that.

As usual I'm suffering from major nerves and already have butterflies, its all good but just need a bit of confidence.

So I was wondering if you lovely people would like to share your first date successes, what went well? How did you get over your nerves? xx

Comments

• Options
    Erm... well I haven't had a first date. But good luck!
  • Options
    piccolo wrote:
    Erm... well I haven't had a first date. But good luck!

Well I thought you had a coffee date with someone this week?
  • Options
    first date nerves and that butterflies-in-tummy feeling is what its all about! sure you'll be fine :)

My first date with my boyfriend went well.... even though i was as nervous as hell, and said silly things because of it, but i admitted to him i was nervous, he said he was too, and after that we both relaxed more
  • Options
    A piece of advice, if you are going to the cinema, do not watch a scary film if you are easily scared. It can be quite embarassing :blush:
  • Options
    Never been much stress on first date tbh, only being myself and if the girl doesn't like me, well there isn't much to say or do, I just move on.

But then again I never do much on first date as I don't believe that going out and putting on an act is the way to do, but rather be myself as I would always be. Most of my first dates were at my place not doing much than what i do usually, maybe just have a drink and a smoke and mainly talking.

For me a first date go well if a connection is made, the rest doesn't matter much to me. The connection will tell you sraight away if the relationship can go somewhere or not.
  • Options
    Aw just enjoy it and make the most of it, the start of relationships are always the best bit :D
  • Options
    But then again I never do much on first date as I don't believe that going out and putting on an act is the way to do, but rather be myself as I would always be. Most of my first dates were at my place not doing much than what i do usually, maybe just have a drink and a smoke and mainly talking.

Yeah I agree with this, just be yourself. I don't really like forced first dates, it's much better to just do something relaxing that you normally do.
    The last first date I went on we met up in a bar but ended up leaving early and going to mine for a smoke and just chatted all night really. Even though I wouldn't have thought we'd have a connection from the first time I met him. From then on I think we saw each other every day.

Anyway, can't think of any more advice really. I could talk for England so I've never had any kind of awkward silences on a date. There's so much you can talk about with someone you barely know that I can't imagine running out of conversation. However, I imagine if there wasn't a connection and you didn't really fancy each other then it might be different.
    Also if you're really nervous, having a drink or something before you go may help.