Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Firearms

13»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    Gun crime is high in Britain because the act of owning one is illegal!

Gun crime is low in the USA because the only crime is using it against innocents! Am I right in saying shooting someone in self defense is OK over there? I don't actually know. I hope it is. It should be.
    generaly speaking yes. In some area's it's legal to use lethal force in deffence of property, in others only in deffence of life.
  • Options
    Yeah, that's the only thing that worries me. You're bound to get idiots using them to shoot someone in a domestic argument or something...

My sister was sitting in the passenger seat of a car where a guy came up and put a Glock 40. to the head of the driver and pulled the trigger, the bullet jammed in the chamber. Lucky thing too, a 40 cal. bullet would have gone through the drivers head and hit my sister, and Glocks are known for never jamming. And the whole thing was over a small time deal where someone thought they got stiffed.

I also have a friend who had a sawed off shotgun shoved in his face because he tapped on the wrong window (thought it was his girl friends but it turned to belong to her less than sane brother).

Lots of crazies out there, and I’m willing to bet most of them are armed.
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Guns are fun.

My Uncle in the US has a top gun collection. H&K UMP .45 taking pride of place. Beretta too... woot.

Glock Jammed? Fucking lucky! There are lots of nuts in the US with guns... people shot in road rage incidnets ffs! Gun control is so lax... I think as I said there should be a test for whogets guns... but how to determine who is sane and not? IQ test would be good... don't want the simples getting armed eh? But plenty of intelligents are nuts... thin line between intelligence and insanity is true statement.

Ah well. I want an AK. And a Tokarev. And an RPG-7 :D And an M60. w00t w00t. And an M79.

Eeh. I might be mad!
  • Options
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    ...And a Tokarev. And an RPG-7 :D And an M60. w00t w00t. And an M79.
    dream on dude. :lol:

the AK you could do though, hell you could even do it legaly if you lived over here.
  • Options
    dream on dude. :lol:

the AK you could do though, hell you could even do it legaly if you lived over here.

I have seen an M79 and an Box of Disposable RPG's on Auction Arms! Admitadley the RPG's has been a one off. Only beaten by the RPG 7... haven't seen any on there post 9-11 though, which is a bummer! Bet they cracked down on such things after that. NEVER seen an M60 for sale, are you allowed them? :(

So my list is realistically:
    AK-47
    M79
    Tokarev

If I can, I might move to the US one day. And own guns. Yup yup! Then I can meet you and we can have a drink someplace? I might buy myself some land in TX and a trailer and be a redneck :p Ah, the life.
  • Options
    makes me want to move to america, this place is a joke when it comes to self defense
  • Options
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    I have seen an M79 and an Box of Disposable RPG's on Auction Arms! Admitadley the RPG's has been a one off. Only beaten by the RPG 7... haven't seen any on there post 9-11 though, which is a bummer! Bet they cracked down on such things after that. NEVER seen an M60 for sale, are you allowed them? :(

So my list is realistically:
    AK-47
    M79
    Tokarev

If I can, I might move to the US one day. And own guns. Yup yup! Then I can meet you and we can have a drink someplace? I might buy myself some land in TX and a trailer and be a redneck :p Ah, the life.
    lol sweet! :thumb:

and you would come to know of the wonders of Budweisser beer (pee in a bottle)
  • Options
    lol sweet! :thumb:

and you would come to know of the wonders of Budweisser beer (pee in a bottle)

We have that here. They import it for some reason! I'll make sure to bring a load of John Smiths bitter with me! :D

Edit: Ooh, would the US autorities let me keep one of these if I bought one? :
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/4892524.stm
    :crying: Poor old Jets though. They did rather own and scare you Americans! Ahh... another amazing Jet reaches its end. I hope some folks maintain a functional one instead of let them rot like the SR-71's do.
  • Options
    z01 wrote:
    makes me want to move to america, this place is a joke when it comes to self defense
    That'd be why crime rates in America are worse then here then...
  • Options
    Aladdin wrote:
    That'd be why crime rates in America are worse then here then...

Strictly speaking I think its homocide rates, crimes like burgulary are a lot less in the US (there's a big deterrent to burgle when in Texas you can be legally shot just for scrumping apples)

http://www.nationmaster.com/graph-T/cri_mur_percap

http://www.nationmaster.com/graph-T/cri_bur_percap

http://www.nationmaster.com/graph-T/cri_car_the_percap
  • Options
    Yes, as I said earlier when guns are made 'legal' and everyone owns one the concept of sanctity of human life goes out of the window.

Death penalty for burglary- that sounds very fair doesn't it?

As a side thought, funny how those who see nothing wrong with murdering a human being for trying to do away with your video recorder are very often the very same people who see themselves as god-fearing devout Christians.
  • Options
    Aladdin wrote:
    As a side thought, funny how those who see nothing wrong with murdering a human being for trying to do away with your video recorder are very often the very same people who see themselves as god-fearing devout Christians.

Im not! Personally I'd aim for his scrote. Bastard theiving my stuff! That'll learn him. :p

Nah... I'd probably not shoot a theif, just knock him out with something. However, if the theif was armed, as many in the US tend to be, with easy gun access.... that is another matter! Do remember that. EVERYONE has guns. The theif would be an idiot NOT to carry one.
  • Options
    if i thort i was guna get shot att by some assholes then i'd carry one. otherwise thers no need.
  • Options
    I'd carry one, probably. But then again, the UK is knife murder capital of the western world, and its been shown a knife drawn at close range beats a holstered gun every time. On the other hand, criminals already have guns now, so I fail to see why the public isn't allowed a similar level of protection. Things are obviously wrong if only criminals are running around with weapons.
  • Options
    Cain wrote:
    I'd carry one, probably. But then again, the UK is knife murder capital of the western world, and its been shown a knife drawn at close range beats a holstered gun every time. On the other hand, criminals already have guns now, so I fail to see why the public isn't allowed a similar level of protection. Things are obviously wrong if only criminals are running around with weapons.

Don't forget the police can now due to terrorism.

So, let us recap:
    "Political power comes down the barrel of a gun"
    - Police are armed - working on behalf of government
    - Criminals are armed
    - General public cannot even carry a knife above 3", let alone a gun.

Well, we're fucked.
  • Options
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    Don't forget the police can now due to terrorism.

So, let us recap:
    "Political power comes down the barrel of a gun"
    - Police are armed - working on behalf of government
    - Criminals are armed
    - General public cannot even carry a knife above 3", let alone a gun.

Well, we're fucked.
    reminds me the phrase "despots prefer unarmed peasants"