Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Class/Background in a relationship

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Actually, that's underclass :p. And just above that is working class.

I stand corrected ;)
  • Options
    I don't think class and background really matters in a relationship to be honest. Most guys I date usually come from a better background from me so I'm kinda used to it. If they judge, they judge, thats their own problem.

I think similar intelligence is more important to be honest. Nothing is worse than trying to have a conversation with somebody who doesn't know what you are talking about. Same with interests and having ambitions too really.
  • Options
    Anyway, to continue the gross stereotypes, I've always found the proper toffs to be a good laugh. It's those one's in the middle that you've got to be careful of. The one's that look down on you because you own a Ford Focus, not an Audi, or because you're kids go to state schools and their's go to private. I find you get more snobbery from those who are just a little bit more well off than you, rather than those who's family owns whole towns. I reckon proper toffs are far more likely to be the victim of snobbery from working class people than the other way round.

Had this discussion with friends, and I definitely agree with the above statement.
    People who are used to money, do not make an issue of it. People who know they're not too far away from people with less money, will do, just feel that bit better and rise that much higher in their own eyes.