Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

so where is everyone off to this summer?

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Little tip: In Magic Kingdom in future world in or whatever they call that area, the one with Space Mountian in it, theres a garbage can, and he moves and talks and can see you. And hes kind of a bitch. Check it out! I'm so jelous of you :(
  • Options
    This summer i'm spending 7-10 days in Ireland, cork, with the family. If i survive this I should hopefully be going somewhere in the UK with some friends for a long weekend.. Cornwall, Brighton, or Newquay or somewhere.. Annnnnnnd IF we manage to get tickets Reading, V or somekind of festival.
  • Options
    Start of the summer florida for 3 weeks then a week after I get back from that going to Longleat Center parcs for the annual family and friends meet up lol
  • Options
    work
  • Options
    I'm going to the canary islands :D and Amsterdam and hopefully reading festival.
  • Options
    amsterdam in june
    thailand in either july or september
    hopefully Ibiza somewhere in between
  • Options
    koe_182 wrote:
    anyone got exciting plans for this summer?

ive just finished sorting mine out so its got my all excited!!!

im flying to prague and then going to a couple of cities by train.

doing prague 2 nights -> vienna 2 nights -> bratislava 2 nights and then back to prague for the last night and flight home!

cant wait, gonna have a real laugh. might seem like a lot of travelling but the trains are easy enough to sort out and stuff, the longest trip will be about 4 hours so nothing major, plenty of time to drink on the train or catch up on some sleep. wooo so excited

I'm going to Bulgaria for a week for lazying on the beach and getting pissed...
  • Options
    Well I'm in Russia until the end of June. Then maybe India with my exceptionally wealthy girlfriend and her family. Might even head off to Spain for a little and then skiing in Croatia at Christmas. Yay me!
  • Options
    Going to Denmark for the Roskilde Festival in June, probably visit Amsterdam on the way back as its been a while since I been then going to Japan at the end of the year.
  • Options
    I'm going to Africa for 10 days at the start of June, to go on safari and laze on the beach :p

then going to Hastings for a couple of week in August with boyfriend and his parents

:D i'm excited! Yay!
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Going to Berlin (again) in July because a bunch of us from college are heading back because it was fun! :D Hehehe. And it is cheap. Ace.
  • Options
    all booked now wooooooooo
  • Options
    I don't know where I'm going. I really need to get on and book something. I want to go somewhere far, out of Europe anyway.

The trouble with holidays is, how do you find people to go with who want the same things as you? I can go with my friends, who are mental and just want to get really drunk all the time and go off with blokes, and do nothing in the day time, or I can go with my sister, who wants to do things in the day but doesn't really drink or want to go to bars or clubs. Wish I could find someone in the middle!
  • Options
    I'm going to Tunisia with my bloke - i'm going to try and persuade him to stay overnight in the Sahara with me :)

Other than that, nowhere. I'm stretching my budget massively to get a holiday at all!
  • Options
    Cottage in Cornwall and another for a weekend in Wales
  • Options
    nowhere :(
  • Options
    Dublin to see our eefs in 10 days, and Reading Festival in August. Nowhere really after then, might pop down and see our Violette with a much needed banter sesh. :D
  • Options
    I'm going to Tunisia with my bloke - i'm going to try and persuade him to stay overnight in the Sahara with me :)

Other than that, nowhere. I'm stretching my budget massively to get a holiday at all!

Oh Tunisia, I've been there a few times 3-4, I really like it have you ever been before, its a very different culture and the markets are crazy and you need to have a strong will as they will try to pursade youto buy all sort of things, best advice be frim but polite with them. If you do decide to vist one make sure you check out the prices in the local goverment shop, then you will know how much they are charging and you should be able to haggle with the stall owner to get it a below that price.

But it is a great place, its a shame I can't pressuade my man to visit Tunisia, but he is just not keen,due to all the haggling etc...
  • Options
    well i'm off to morocco in june for a week, it's my first holiday in years so can't wait :) and then off to switzerland in august which should be good, anywhere off this island will do me.......
  • Options
    I'm in Australia, so my summer's during your winter, but all going well i'm going on my first holiday without the parents, i'm going to Sydney and then to Brisbane...its going to rock. :D I can't wait. :D
  • Options
    Amsterdam just over 2 weeks kids!
  • Options
    No actual Holidays planned and i doubt i'll get one, but I am going to the Reading Festival.
  • Options
    Majorca :) and hopefully a few day trips/weekends to see my mates at various place around the UK.
  • Options
    Im so jelous of everybody. I booked a last min thing and went last week (dont get me wrong i had a brilliant time)

i think i need to bully my mate into saving up for ibiza a bit faster so i have something 2 look forwards to
  • Options
    Going to the Tirolean Alps in Austria and maybe pay a few visits accross the border to Bavaria, Germany. Beautiful area, perfect for monging on a mountain having a fatty blaze up with a pic nic for munch..the view is just so mong and amazing.
  • Options
    Brazil :hyper:
  • Options
    corsica I think..
  • Options
    Hopefully gonna travel Ireland with a mate.
  • Options
    XTC wrote:
    Going to the Tirolean Alps in Austria and maybe pay a few visits accross the border to Bavaria, Germany. Beautiful area, perfect for monging on a mountain having a fatty blaze up with a pic nic for munch..the view is just so mong and amazing.

Ha! Sounds like a fooking great plan :thumb: ;)

My new arrangements are Hamburg and Estonia for a week each and then potentiallypossiblymaybe Japan for my birthday in August if all goes really well in the meantime. But that depends on the finances and what I decide with the person concerned.
  • Options
    I don't think I'm going anywhere this summer. However, a few friends of mine are thinking of going up to London, which I might do if I have enough money.