Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

too young???

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    sauce wrote:
    Hi all,

I've met this lad and he is 17 and i'm 22. You reckon he is too young for me? he don't look young but a guess thats besides the point

Sauce x

Age is just a number. Always keep in mind tho what your expectations in life are. With 22 you might be thinking of a family (MAYBE, rough guess), you might be in the middle of a job-life, you might think about moving out of home.

Compare that to his expectations: Graduate from school, explore with sexuality.

I am 20 and have been with a 27 yo woman recently, I really like her and it's just my attitude to let my will raise hell if necessary, so this works out.
    "Let's be realistic, try the impossible." hm, what?

Yea, after looking through her eyes, being a woman living in another country alone (not where she grew up and her family lives), working in a responsible job, got out of a RLship that was going for a couple years.

What am I doing here? A 20 year old student, slacking off all day. I want to make it work, cuz I know there are feelings strong enough for both of our sides. but still am I doubting on it.

try to think back what you were looking for when being 17.
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    StrubbleS wrote:
    With 22 you might be thinking of a family (MAYBE, rough guess),
    Family at 22? Am I the only one who wouldn't dream of thinking about a family at that age?