Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

what will the punishments for no ID card have

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i believe it's a £1500 fine, any chance of prison?

Comments

• Options
    Who knows.

Your google not working properly? There's a huge fuck-off section about ID cards on The Register.
  • Options
    jail is inevitable.
    if your fined and can't/don't pay ...it's off to the slammer.
    same for hunting ...smoking ...protesting without permission ...saying things your no longer allowed to say ...more and more roads to incarceration are being built.
  • Options
    The usual format of 'crat attack is -

Letter through post with warning and an action you have to perform by a set date and a default clause that non contesting will be assumed to be your admission of liability.

Second letter informing you of dates passing with "last chance" to sort it all out and do what you are told.

Third letter informing you of impending action, with yet another "last chance" offer and another date to sort it all out by.

Fourth letter giving you a court date. (And yes! another "last chance")

Court, where you will almost certainly lose, if you haven't tried to sort things out before now. (and another last chance! but now with a fine attached)

Court decision, information how to pay your "fine" etc and what actions you have to take to blah blah blah.

After that you are beginning looking at prison usually, but not for the initial offence, it's almost certainly going to have been for ignoring the court.

Once you're in prison, there are probably already rules in place making it mandatory for all prisoners to be biometrically scanned and if you refuse then you can have a fall or two down the stairs, and then you'll be held down while they take your info.

At this point, if you still haven't given up it makes fuck all difference because they have all your information anyway and can still track you no matter where you go.

Without one you will be denied government "services" including medical treatment. Best of luck with your defiance.
  • Options
    klintock wrote:
    The usual format of 'crat attack is -

Letter through post with warning and an action you have to perform by a set date and a default clause that non contesting will be assumed to be your admission of liability.

Second letter informing you of dates passing with "last chance" to sort it all out and do what you are told.

Third letter informing you of impending action, with yet another "last chance" offer and another date to sort it all out by.

Fourth letter giving you a court date. (And yes! another "last chance")

Court, where you will almost certainly lose, if you haven't tried to sort things out before now. (and another last chance! but now with a fine attached)

Court decision, information how to pay your "fine" etc and what actions you have to take to blah blah blah.

After that you are beginning looking at prison usually, but not for the initial offence, it's almost certainly going to have been for ignoring the court.

Once you're in prison, there are probably already rules in place making it mandatory for all prisoners to be biometrically scanned and if you refuse then you can have a fall or two down the stairs, and then you'll be held down while they take your info.

At this point, if you still haven't given up it makes fuck all difference because they have all your information anyway and can still track you no matter where you go.

Without one you will be denied government "services" including medical treatment. Best of luck with your defiance.

could just go 'missing' ie name and address change with a big wad of cash :thumb:

i know some people who have never paid income tax or NI or loans ever due to fact its cheaper to write off the debt than chase em
  • Options
    could just go 'missing' ie name and address change with a big wad of cash :thumb:

:no:

Not when every unregistered face will be stopped and checked out. You'll have to never go near a town, never go anywhere near a city and never get stopped by the police for any reason whatsoever.

Oh, and there won't be any cash, just numbers on a screen, that's what all this is about.
  • Options
    klintock wrote:
    :no:

Not when every unregistered face will be stopped and checked out. You'll have to never go near a town, never go anywhere near a city and never get stopped by the police for any reason whatsoever.

Oh, and there won't be any cash, just numbers on a screen, that's what all this is about.

some people ALWAYS take cash, why you think so many people evade tax
  • Options
    some people ALWAYS take cash, why you think so many people evade tax

If they stop printing it and make everyone use screen money, what are you gonna do?

They will introduce the cards, then phase out bank/credit cards, linking them to one big system, then they will start deducting from your bank account what you "owe" them while simultaneously removing paper cash so you can't possibly avoid it.

At sometime around this point, everyone will be chipped, and what you will find is that for things like speeding, you'll just get cash ripped straight from your bank account as soon as you are caught. None of this messy "trial" business.

In the last depression, holding gold and other assets was outlawed, in the next holding paper money will go the same way. The things that technology can do for a government are rapidly becoming very, very scary. And as they are all sociopaths, those things will be done.
  • Options
    klintock wrote:
    If they stop printing it and make everyone use screen money, what are you gonna do?

They will introduce the cards, then phase out bank/credit cards, linking them to one big system, then they will start deducting from your bank account what you "owe" them while simultaneously removing paper cash so you can't possibly avoid it.

At sometime around this point, everyone will be chipped, and what you will find is that for things like speeding, you'll just get cash ripped straight from your bank account as soon as you are caught. None of this messy "trial" business.

In the last depression, holding gold and other assets was outlawed, in the next holding paper money will go the same way. The things that technology can do for a government are rapidly becoming very, very scary. And as they are all sociopaths, those things will be done.
    the prophecy regarding 666 realy is coming true ...don't laugh ...check it out.
  • Options
    klintock wrote:

you know what it makes me think of

a cross between demolition man and the running man :lol:

then moments later it scares me
  • Options
    klintock wrote:

This is just too true. We already have the technology and algorithms to do a lot of this. Its just that the government need a little time to remove the little protection we have.

Iris scanners are pretty reliable, and most people wont be able to change their eyes, where as microchips can be reprogrammed.

They're trying to get face recognition to work, but thats a few years off yet.

We'll all become robots living in a controlled state, if we dont kill our selves first with war that is.

How about that?

Or how about transhumanism?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transhumanism
    Having your mind downloaded into a machine, and the philosophical implications of that. The thinking has been done years ago, but we're getting closer and closer to the technological singularity

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Technological_singularity

If machines become more intelligent than humans, are they still humans? are they the next evolution?
  • Options
    If machines become more intelligent than humans, are they still humans? are they the next evolution?
    evolution is supposed to have no inteligent input ...no design ...just accidents.
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    you know what it makes me think of

a cross between demolition man and the running man :lol:

then moments later it scares me

Quite.

The time for action to stop this is close really. And it seems everyone is to absorbed in the mass media tripe they drug us down with.

Someone... do something. Please, I can't make a stand alone, can I? Although... if we let this database in place... a few well=paid hackers could probably put me a second flase ID on it... and then I get a fake card to match.

Cha-Ching. I am two people.
  • Options
    Someone... do something. Please, I can't make a stand alone, can I?
    >sigh<

If you (or anyone who reads this thread) does decide to be awkward about it pm me.

I'll be more than happy to help slow this down in some small way.