Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Champions League - Arsenal - Juve

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Well big game tonight. Been looking forward to it eversince the draw was made. Should be a top game and especially looking forward to seeing Vieira back at Highbury.

We'll see how the youngsters of the Arsenal do against the oldies of Juve. We just have to make sure we don't concede the away goal, if we can do that then we have a very good chance of going through.

Predictions? I say 1-0 Arsenal. Henry to score ... of course :D
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    I'm looking forward to this game aswell. I think the Arsenal young guns will do Arsenal proud tonight. They showed they have what it takes against first class opposition (Real) and I believe they will turn Juve over tonight.

Agree the main thing tonight is not to concede the away goal as going back to Juve for the return leg will always be difficult, even more so if they have an away goal to the good.

My prediction 2-0 Arsenal
  • Options
    If the Highbury crowd do what Liverpool's did last season I think Arsenal will do well.

Juve are a good side, a very good side, and it will be a close game. A lot will depend on Henry's pace, and how well people like Zlatan are marked up.
  • Options
    Can't see Arsenal getting past this round, Real are a gret team but have been in terrible form (for them). Juve will be too strong.
  • Options
    Del-Piero out for Juventus aswell
  • Options
    Del-Piero out for Juventus aswell

Nedved suspended i think also :D
  • Options
    Get in! 1-0 at half time. Looking good so far :D
  • Options
    :D

Yet another brilliant night of football from the Gunners! Say what you say about us beating Madrid but we have just outplayed a Juventus team who are running away with the Italian league. Just another top performance from everyone. Just everything was brilliant!!

Funny to see them pretty much losing it, two men sent off and Capello's face just said it all.

:D
  • Options
    Hats off to the Arse after that performance. Totally played Juve off the pitch.
  • Options
    Bloody hell, wasn't expecting that!! :D

That team couldn't possibly be 8-points clear at the top of Serie A?

Camoranesi getting sent off and waving to the crowd, Vieira and Zebina missing the next game, the greatness of Fabregas. :thumb:
  • Options
    I didn't expect to see Arsenal give Juve a lesson in football.

It's always a delight to see an Italian team getting a spanking:D

Is only half time though...Juve won't be so shite in Turin.
  • Options
    yep all credit to arsenal, only watched the first half but they made juventus look poor (top of serie a?).......what i don't get is why can't they play like that every week? on that kind of form they could win champions league, no doubt....
  • Options
    English teams kick them, and are allowed to. Especially Fat Sam's cloggers up in Bolton.

Arsenal got a lot of free-kicks they wouldn't have got in the Premiershit.
  • Options
    Absolutely delighted :D

Looking forward to the second leg, hopefully the gunners can pull a win off in Turin also.

and you just knew before the game started the Viera would pick up a yellow card to miss the second leg. Not surprised Camoranesi got sent off though.
  • Options
    fair play to arsenal at 2 nil they were still going for it, if they had played like that in the premiership they would of run chelsea close, a performance that had everything. What a player Fabregas is going to be.
  • Options
    My prediction 2-0 Arsenal
    :yippe: :p
    As Kermit has said, the reason for Arsenal not doing so well in the premiership is because its much more physical then European football. Think though once the young 'uns get used to it (started to already) this is going to be another quality Arsenal side.

Don't know about anyone else but I would much prefer Arsenal to win the premiership playing football like that, hats off to Wenger for creating such good footballing sides.

Enjoyed this game, Juventus didn't really have a look in throughout the 90 minutes, the closest I remember them coming was that deft chip in the 2nd half when Henry gave the ball away.

Arsenal playing some quality football which is always a joy to watch. Its only the first half finished though and it will be tougher in Turin but they have set themselves up nicely and I believe they'll get through Turin and make it into the Semi's.

Am I right in thinking Arsenal have never being in the semi's in the clubs history??

I hope they go on and lift the trophy to be honest.
  • Options
    I stand corrected, so far at least.
  • Options
    Oooooo 0-0 half time. Not long to go. Just need to concentrate. Come on! .....
  • Options
    Semi Finals here we come! :D Will be a tricky game though, Villareal are a tough side but i think we can do it. Woooo :D
  • Options
    What a night although Villareal shouldn't be under-estimated, they're not there to make up the numbers. I rate Riquelme pretty highly.
  • Options
    Braineater wrote:
    I rate Riquelme pretty highly.

He's one of the best players in the world without a shadow of a doubt. He has such talent on the ball, so dangerous. I'd put Gilberto man-to-man tight.