Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Bit of help please

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey, i guess i need a bit of help or advice. I'm not sure if this should go in health, but occasionally these two forums seem to seem to get a bit confused...so if there's a problem please move it.

Anyway, so i've recently started to sleep with my girlfriend, we're both virgins when we started sleeping together, and we've always used condoms, though she's only recently talked about going on the pill. Anyway, she told me tonight that since we first slept together (last week) she's had a pain...down there, especially when she's been going to the toilet, and she doesn't know what it is. Since we were both virgins and have always used protection, i'm guessing it can't be anything too serious, but even so a bit of advice on what it could be would be nice, even so i can just reassure her if needs be. I'm thinking maybe it's because it was her first time, perhaps she is / was sore...but it's been almost a week now. My friends didn't have that much advice on the matter, so i thought i'd ask here.

Apologies if this is rambling / inchorent, it's saturday and i'm drunk :)
Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    Sounds like a UTI to me, which happen to be more prevalent in women then men. My reccomencation, and I would assume most others here as well, is to go to your GP.
  • Options
    drink lots of water and cranberry juice to flush the system out :p will help to ease symptoms
  • Options
    Ah :)
  • Options
    If it's worst when she goes to the toilet then it is most likely a urinary tract thing like someone said. My doc said the best thing to do to avoid it is to make sure you pee soonish after sex and that flushes anything nasty away. If it's really bugging her then her doc can give her antibiotics for it, or just sit it out but that ain't too fun i'd guess!