Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

that whingy muslim schoolgirl loses court battle

13»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Kermit wrote:
    briggi, I don't think its vitriol to say that she has robbed you and me of well over £300,000, and the stupid little tart should pay it back. With interest.

I take your point; I just can't get worked up about it. :)

I think it's a vaguely ridiculous situation that probably snowballed because of its sensitive nature... but the girl in question is by no means the only ridiculous party.
  • Options
    briggi wrote:
    I take your point; I just can't get worked up about it. :)

I'm not that worked up about it, more people have wasted more money for stupider reasons, but she should have to pay every penny of costs, even if it takes her fifty years. She needs to be taught a lesson.
    I think it's a vaguely ridiculous situation that probably snowballed because of its sensitive nature... but the girl in question is by no means the only ridiculous party.

Nah, she is the only stupid, ridiculous and odious party.

I almost feel sorry for the girl, she's obviously been put up to it by the very shady characters supporting her claim.

It should never have got to court, the original court should have thrown it out. The Court of Appeal certainly shouldn't have taken it on.
  • Options
    I'm delighted she lost the case. Delighted at the fact that the extremist nuts who put her up to this have received a kick in the teeth. And disgusted to see that Cherie Blair will make £25,000 out of the case though she lost. Thousands and thousands wasted. Pay back every single penny.
  • Options
    What the hell do you expect from the legal profession?

99% of it is irrelevent bullshit and PR for state theft and violence anyway. Why wouldn't they take a chance at grabbing more cash from the gullible?

It''s more or less the whole point of the law.
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    A question, because I'm confused about something I might remember reading last time this matter had surfaced: Was there any particular reason the school didn't want her to wear it, except "Because we say so and it's our school, so nyah"?
  • Options
    Zalbor wrote:
    A question, because I'm confused about something I might remember reading last time this matter had surfaced: Was there any particular reason the school didn't want her to wear it, except "Because we say so and it's our school, so nyah"?

being a uniform policy it has to be generally applicable, and she was the only student who wanted this - despite the most of school being muslims

if they allowed it, it would be dangerous precendent

ill make up a religion where i have to wear a plushie if this was allowed :thumb:
  • Options
    Um, you didn't answer my question...
  • Options
    because they said so is the reason

with school uniform that generally is the case, you either have a uniform code, or you dont, you cannot make exceptions
  • Options
    In that case, I can't say she was wrong for pursuing the matter. Stupid and stubborn maybe, as it was very unlikely she'd manage to change it, but not wrong.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    Shut up, you're making yourself look stupid.

You explained what the news story was about. I got that.

What the chuff it has to do with a schoolgirl complaining about a jilbab is beyond me. Perhaps you could enlighten me?

briggi, I don't think its vitriol to say that she has robbed you and me of well over £300,000, and the stupid little tart should pay it back. With interest.

No Kermit, you are the one looking stupid again.

As i explained the news story was related because it was two girls of a similar age who had both been led to extremes of their faith through indoctination. The girl in question from my post was also, involved in a similar situation with her choice of dress, though not for school i admit. It was part of a long running set of actions taken by her, leading to her getting the court order ASBO, etc. Since you were ranting and raving about how this girl should pay back all the costs, i thought it was related as this girl had also over the space of the years between the documentary and the court ruling, been involved with the police on 10 different occasions. She also has cost a fortune in various situations. It is just the same thing, only i was specifically refering to her extreme and ridiculous outburst at a church service.

It had nothing to do with hating Islam, as anyone with two braincells to rub together could have seen, you however chose to be your usual class-act self in your response, all because this is, in your own little mind, your post to control and be right on no matter what!
  • Options
    subject13 wrote:
    No Kermit, you are the one looking stupid again.

Whatever.

You've just told me what your story was about again. I got that the first time around.

Quite what ASBO Girl has to do with a girl whingeing about a jilbab is still completely beyond me.

The implication of your post saying about the "last" white girl ending up a Muslim and being a general pain in the arse is that all Muslims are pains in the arse who like whingeing a lot. That is how I read your completely irrelevant story.

If I'm wrong to read it like that then fine. But you have still yet to say what the chuff ASBO Girl has to do with another completely different person complaining about something completely different. As far as I can see it, there is no relevance to your story.

If there is a relevant and pertinent point to be made, then make it. If I'm being thick, use words of one syllable or less.
  • Options
    The ASBO girl did a documentary called "The last white girl" which is all i said about that to remind people who she was, as it was a rather controversial documentary as i remember a few year ago.

What she did to get the ASBO i pointed out to say, why i heard about her again.

She, after converting to Islam may have been a pain, but the point it she did the same thing the girl you have been ranting on about has done. Demanding she be given special treatment to accomodate her faith, by allowing her to wear particular dress, act a particular way, etc. That is where it relevent. The point i was making, which originally was in support of your opinions, was that this girl you are going on about is not the only girl to be doing this. The fact the girl i was talking about is a convert to another religion and not born into that religion shouldnt really affect the merrits of the point...unless it does to you of course.
  • Options
    Thank you for making it clearer.

It also seems I was right that you were implying "they're all like this". I don't think that's what you meant, exactly, but not far off it.

I don't think she's doing it because she's Muslim, I think she's doing it because she's a teenage girl been put up to it by some very odious individuals. And she should have lost because she's taking the piss.
  • Options
    Aren't women not allowed an opinion in Islam?

Maybe i'm grossly misinformed, but it thought the point of their crazy clothes was to make all women look the same, hide bombs, and general just remind them that they're beneath men. If whingy girl followed here religion truly, she shut the fuck up.
  • Options
    Maybe i'm grossly misinformed, but it thought the point of their crazy clothes was to make all women look the same, hide bombs, and general just remind them that they're beneath men. If whingy girl followed here religion truly, she shut the fuck up.

Nah the coverall outfits are due to the fact that 95% of all muslim men are trannies.

Seriously though she should have just worn one and not made a big deal about it. Turned up for lessons etc and simply dismissed all comments about it with a "it's fine, no biggie, lets just learn". Sooner or later some exasperated teacher would have made a grab for her or gone OTT in the way that all small minded fuckwits do when you ignore tham and then she could have retired on the compensation.
  • Options
    klintock wrote:
    :confused:

Something wrong with my statement?
    No, it was exactly what I've come to expect from you :)
  • Options
    Ok. Something factually inaccurate with my statement? :)