Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

dressing up!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
it's my 21st in may and am having 2 nights out: 1 where i'm at uni with my mates (where we're dressing up) and then another out somewhere else with my closer friends where we'll be dressing normally. :p

thing is i can't decide what we can all go as. we went out as chavs a few weeks back for my friends 21st so not doing that again. other ideas i have are school girls, builders, cowgirls, in pyjamas (love this idea though not sure about dancing in my slippers!), fairies, tarts and everyone wearing the same colour e.g. pink.

does any one have any other ideas? don't want to have to get everyone to fork out a lot of money or wreck any of their other clothes...any ideas appreciated!

:D
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    me and my mates did hula girls once, cost about a fiver for a grass skirt, leis etc... was a good night, i recommend it.
  • Options
    koe_182 wrote:
    me and my mates did hula girls once, cost about a fiver for a grass skirt, leis etc... was a good night, i recommend it.

but i'm a girl, it wouldn't be so funny.

did you go topless?

dunno what i'd wear on my top half, a bikini top or a vest top i guess?
  • Options
    we had a combo of topless, hawaiin shirts, coconut bra's all sorts. think there were about 12 people did it, it was a quality night.

you could wear any bright coloured top really.

we had to wear shorts under our skirts too, didnt want to be exposing ourselves and getting in trouble.

trying to think of other stuff, pirates is pretty cool. we did superhero's, film stars etc...but we usually rented those costumes which isnt very cost effective.
  • Options
    yeh pirates is a good idea.

we did think of superheroes and i wanted to go as catwoman or jack-jack from the incredibles (not sure how i'd do this one..!) but wanted to see any other ideas people have.

liking the hula one! guess we should be able to find the stuff in a fancy dress shop.
  • Options
    we bought ours from like a joke shop type place, they sell all sorts of dressing up stuff, generally pretty cheap as well.

if you do it, we demand pictures ;D
  • Options
    koe_182 wrote:
    we bought ours from like a joke shop type place, they sell all sorts of dressing up stuff, generally pretty cheap as well.

if you do it, we demand pictures ;D

only if you come up with the winning idea!

and i guess that's only if it's a bunch of girls wearing hula skirts and coconuts?
  • Options
    well im always up for looking at pictures of groups of pretty ladies.
  • Options
    koe_182 wrote:
    well im always up for looking at pictures of groups of pretty ladies.

might not be pretty. :p

but yes i will show you some pictures seeing as you've been helpful.

so far i'm liking pj's (thinking little shorts and a top and maybe taking a teddy with me, haha ;) )and hula girls.
  • Options
    You should go on my superhero thread!!!

The PJ's one sounds cute.

Superhero is good and schoolgirls is great.

Coppers is popular?

Could go really elegant like, evening dresses or something?

Animals?
  • Options
    Walkindude wrote:
    You should go on my superhero thread!!!

The PJ's one sounds cute.

Superhero is good and schoolgirls is great.

Coppers is popular?

Could go really elegant like, evening dresses or something?

Animals?

don't think i'd want to do police, the girls who i've seen do it tend to look a bit tarty.

and i'm not forking out on an evening dress for it to get all tattered from my alcohol-fuelled festivities. :p

animals is a good idea! would have to do facepaints though and they'd get all smudged.
  • Options
    How bout the greek goddess type thing? all you have to do is wrap sheets around you, thats really cheap and not to comman either.

ETA i think Toga might be the word im looking for, even though i think thats roman.
  • Options
    yeah dont do the coppers, it looks filthy...or women gangsters, i hate that one, its so not sexy.

TOGA TOGA TOOOOOGA
  • Options
    koe_182 wrote:
    you didn't do that last august bank holiday in manchester did you? :chin:
    me and my friends got harassed in paramount by a load of guys dressed like that.
  • Options
    unfortunately not...think we were in bolton or preston...cant remember exactly.
  • Options
    koe_182 wrote:
    unfortunately not...think we were in bolton or preston...cant remember exactly.
    aww that would have been cool :(
  • Options
    yea it would have been, but we aint the harrassing type of people...actually thats a lie
  • Options
    don't think i'd want to do police, the girls who i've seen do it tend to look a bit tarty.

and i'm not forking out on an evening dress for it to get all tattered from my alcohol-fuelled festivities. :p

animals is a good idea! would have to do facepaints though and they'd get all smudged.

have you decided it yet?? can we see a pic?? ;)

Don't have to use facpaints I guess.

Footballers???
  • Options
    Walkindude wrote:
    have you decided it yet?? can we see a pic?? ;)

Don't have to use facpaints I guess.

Footballers???

we'd all have to buy football shirts etc for that. and not sure they allow football shirts.

and no it's not my birthday till may!
  • Options
    Ooooo when? Mine is in may.
  • Options
    Walkindude wrote:
    Ooooo when? Mine is in may.

may 9th.
  • Options
    Ah cool.

Mine is later then that.

Planning in advanced then!!

Lietrary charcters is probably too hard to do.

Movie stars?

Movie characters?

Domintarix's?

Nurses?

Madonna's?
  • Options
    Burlesque girls is an idea I really love, but have never seen done well. It could be fab, though.. Chimney sweeps? Witches? Cheerleaders?

It's my mate's 21st this month and he wants us all [male and female] out as builders - high visibility jackets, hard hats, bum cracks showing...the works - wahey.

My fave idea is gangsters/mafioso, though, and if I'm home for my 21st I may well go with that - though we might have to forget about the guns, if we want to get in anywhere. :chin:
  • Options
    moulin rouge, thats what my mate did the other week for her bday.
  • Options
    we did police on saturday for my 19th. we're doin super heroes for my mates 21st. i did hula girls for the foam party at scream a few weeks bak. wat bout army wear, cheap 2 do n fun
  • Options
    for my mates' birthday we all dressed up as the mafia :)

which basically just involved black sunglasses, trousers, tie and hat and a white shirt ;) also had a gun holster and (fake!!!) gun for authenticity!! well good night out!
  • Options
    soraliah wrote:
    for my mates' birthday we all dressed up as the mafia :)

which basically just involved black sunglasses, trousers, tie and hat and a white shirt ;) also had a gun holster and (fake!!!) gun for authenticity!! well good night out!

wow that's a cool idea cheers! :D
  • Options
    going for the hula girls/hawian theme!

bought my costume yesterday even though not going out for a month or so. i was too excited. got a hula skirt with flowers around the top, some flipflops and a headband with matching flowers and a blow up palm tree! want to get some shells or they do a flower garland bikini thing but my boobs are too big. :(
  • Options
    did u get the short one or the long one? ive got the short one, wore it for the beach themed foam party at scream, didnt get the shells or the flowers though for the same reason as u lol
  • Options
    woo hula girls rock! good choice imo
  • Options
    it's my 21st in may and am having 2 nights out: 1 where i'm at uni with my mates (where we're dressing up) and then another out somewhere else with my closer friends where we'll be dressing normally. :p

thing is i can't decide what we can all go as. we went out as chavs a few weeks back for my friends 21st so not doing that again. other ideas i have are school girls, builders, cowgirls, in pyjamas (love this idea though not sure about dancing in my slippers!), fairies, tarts and everyone wearing the same colour e.g. pink.

does any one have any other ideas? don't want to have to get everyone to fork out a lot of money or wreck any of their other clothes...any ideas appreciated!

:D

Me and my friends went out last night all the same in a massage parlour girl outfit from ann summers, its really nice on and looks great.

[EMAIL=http://www.annsummers.com/single.asp?gid=7&cat=3&pid=2827]http://www.annsummers.com/single.asp?gid=7&cat=3&pid=2827[/EMAIL]