Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Is this unheard of?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ok I am a 17 year old guy, I don't look any older than 17 but anyway I was out at a club on Saturday and met this nice girl there was one problem she os 20 years old, I got and got er mobile number I have since texted her once, and found out she lives 5 minutes away from me. Anyway she thought I was nice, but she doesn't know what age I am as I didn't tell her.

Anyway is it unusual for a younger guy to go out with an older girl, I would like this to lead to something more but I don't think it can happen because of a certain number (age).

Comments

• Options
    It's not unusual at all.
  • Options
    I'm 21 and my boyfriend is 18.
    IMO, if both people are consenting adults and are both cool with it then there's not a problem.
  • Options
    i wouldn't say it was unusual (my other half is younger than me too, although not a reet lot). but some people are a bit funny about it.

try it and see.
  • Options
    But I think she will be put of when she finds out my age, all her friends where 20 and 21.

There was just something I really liked about her even though I hardly knew her, she seemed nice when I talked to her, and I am ready for a serious relationship, and I want it ot happen soon lol.
  • Options
    But I think she will be put of when she finds out my age, all her friends where 20 and 21.

there's only one way to find out...
  • Options
    kaffrin wrote:
    there's only one way to find out...

I know should I ask to meet up with her, or something or just hope to see her out again, im confident to a certain extent, but this just seems akward, hopefully I see her about one day and see if she says anything to me.
  • Options
    quite a tough one, a lot of girls would be a bit put of off depends on the girl and what there looking for. Ive got with older girls as old as 24, but living at home and still at school its no way of impressing someone.

Think you should meet up with her, have a bit of fun and whatever then decide. If your meeting her again after that it would be worth telling her, she'll find out eventually mate
  • Options
    olaola wrote:
    quite a tough one, a lot of girls would be a bit put of off depends on the girl and what there looking for. Ive got with older girls as old as 24, but living at home and still at school its no way of impressing someone.

Think you should meet up with her, have a bit of fun and whatever then decide. If your meeting her again after that it would be worth telling her, she'll find out eventually mate

True. LOL, I don't drive yet, don't live independently. Still at school, live with parents, have no real income, it's going to be pathetic.

I just have a thing for slightly older women, they have a little more experience a little more mature.
  • Options
    I've found it unusual yeah, most of the time they like older men but that doesn't mean it doesn't happen. She's already shown it matters to her, if she hasn't got the opinion you're special enough or worth it, it might hurt your chances, but on the other hand she might disrespect you for not trusting her.

If it was me, i'd evade the question till she feels a good connection and the time is ready.

lets be realistic, theyve only met once proberly pissed, its not about being special and having respect. its about getting to know her and having a good time.

agree with the last line. see how it goes first before saying too much
  • Options
    it isnt pathetic, im still at home (not for long), in college, just turned 18 and don't drive, no steady job and I'm with my girlie who is 21, owns her own flat, almost finished a uni forensic degree and has a steady job, things like that don't matter, it's who people are,

I've found it's more acceptable than what it use to be with age differences and stuff. im not saying it wont matter to her, because it might or might not, but you have three options,

1 - tell her, she might turn you down, might not
    2 - lie, get together etc, she finds out, probably ends it
    3 - avoid her totally,

imo your best option is 1
  • Options
    or option 4 don't listen to hellfire :chin: and just see how it goes. Don't go out of your way to talk about your age.
  • Options
    she is bound to ask though, i dont mean tell her as in say, im only 17 or whatever, but i mean if she asks,

you can either lie, not lie or ignore her
  • Options
    Just go for it, there will be no other way to find out.

Some girls won't be keen to go out with a younger guy, but then, my mate's boyfriend is 4 years younger than her - and they're madly in love.

You may be missing on something good if you don't try... go and find out.
  • Options
    I went out with a 23 year old when i was 19. My opinion, you may aswell give it a shot - what you got to lose?! Simple as that.....
  • Options
    hello, here is a link to thesite.org about age gaps which is quite helpful, good luck :)
  • Options
    Honestly?

I wouldn't date anybody younger... But that's me.
  • Options
    I'd say 17 is my limit. It's different for guys though, it's very rare for a girl to go out with a fella who's more than a year younger than her. They usually like being seen with the older guys.
  • Options
    I am wit a girl 4 years older than me and so was my ex. Met my ex when I was 18 so just a year older than you, if there is true attraction, age will not matter. If it does matter to her, well then there is no lost there.
  • Options
    how well were you getting on before you swapped numbers?
    if you got on fab and there was a spark there, then it probably wont matter tbh.