Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Livingstone in another howler

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/4830878.stm

What's more worrying the implied anti-semitism (again!!!) of his remarks or that he struggles to be able to tell the difference between Iran and India?

Comments

• Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    WHY are people so "omg that is anti-semetic".

I once again fail to see anti-semetism. As for country mistakes... well, perhaps Ken should go to America. He'd be right at home then! :D
  • Options
    It’s a stupid comment to make but then Ken isn’t exactly the brightest politician around. I don’t really think it’s anti-Semitic, the Tories on the London Assembly it would seem have perhaps got a little carried out away now there’s been a few gaffes by Ken – this latest comment is ignorant and unprofessional but hardly anti-Semitic. Although given the waste of space the London Assembly is I guess they don’t have much better to do than ponder over Ken’s bizarre rants.
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    It’s a stupid comment to make but then Ken isn’t exactly the brightest politician around. I don’t really think it’s anti-Semitic, the Tories on the London Assembly it would seem have perhaps got a little carried out away now there’s been a few gaffes by Ken – this latest comment is ignorant and unprofessional but hardly anti-Semitic. Although given the waste of space the London Assembly is I guess they don’t have much better to do than ponder over Ken’s bizarre rants.

One can hardly isn't untrue they are doing a bad job though.
  • Options
    How could his comments be 'anti-semitic' if he didn't know they were of Jewish descent and in fact thought they were from Iran?

What a load of bollocks :D
  • Options
    Not anti-semitic, as Aladdin qualified, but pretty harsh and he should be much more careful.
  • Options
    Of course its not anti-semitic, its offensive. Offensive is good.

Why is this country so full of prissy little pussies like the Assembly Member for Barnet. Tell him to shut the heck up and go and play with his garden. It's pathetic.

Condemn Ken for lots of things (and I will) I don't think he's anti-semitic. He's thick, but hey, someone has to be. He's a hypocrite (I hate the Evening Standard except when I'm paid stacks of money to be the restaurant critic in the, er, Evening Standard) but of course he is, he's a politician.