Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Personality?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
what type of person are you?

i'm the type of person who only thinks about today and i tend to do things to excess and then burn out. right now i feel like i've come to a halt. i haven't been to uni for a week (although i'm goin in today) but all i wana do is go out and party. i wana just get wrecked. last weekend i was fast asleep, then i got a phone call at 4am and next thing i know im at a houseparty gettin wasted.

sometimes i wish i could be more sensible like my friends.

Comments

• Options
    dont often think about concequences, im also the kind of person who just enjoys time with my friends getting wasted more than anything, like a zombie during the week, never do anything, just look forward to the weekend. Im always pretty depressed when i dont do anything at a weekend too.

i go out even when i know i cant afford to, but nevermind.
  • Options
    i have no personality
  • Options
    i have no personality
    me neither.
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Hey Lipsy - don't mean to hijack your thread it's just we've got a new article about getting motivated on TheSite which you might be interested in.See it here.

I was completely the way you describe while taking my A Levels and I wish someone had given me a kick up the backside :)
  • Options
    **Helen** wrote:
    Hey Lipsy - don't mean to hijack your thread it's just we've got a new article about getting motivated on TheSite which you might be interested in with regards to getting motivated. See it here.

I was completely the way you describe while taking my A Levels and I wish someone had given me a kick up the backside :)
    yeh.. well i'm in final year of uni now. i've improved somewhat this year but i still have slumps.
    i guess i made this thread because i was slightly concerned about myself and wanted to see if other people can relate.
  • Options
    I have 2...
  • Options
    I get called quirky but I think thats a nice way of calling me a freak.
  • Options
    lipsy wrote:

i'm the type of person who only thinks about today and i tend to do things to excess and then burn out. right now i feel like i've come to a halt. i haven't been to uni for a week (although i'm goin in today) but all i wana do is go out and party. i wana just get wrecked. last weekend i was fast asleep, then i got a phone call at 4am and next thing i know im at a houseparty gettin wasted.

I was kinda like that when i was working. I mean i know no one likes working but i just wanted to go down town every night and get totally off my face. It was getting to the point where i was taking 2 days off a week cos i was so hungover and tired.
  • Options
    I have 2...
    Rubbish. Every one has at least six... :p
  • Options
    Rubbish. Every one has at least six... :p

Geez, 6 seems a lot to handle, but then maybe our definition of personality is not the same...
  • Options
    I think everyone has times when they can't be bothered doing anything, except getting trashed. Which is good at the time, but sounds like you're kinda like me. Just don't let it become a major problem. Because then you end up jobless, homeless and with no cash for going out..... And that last one is a real tragedy.....I should know :(
  • Options
    lipsy wrote:
    all i wana do is go out and party. i wana just get wrecked. last weekend i was fast asleep, then i got a phone call at 4am and next thing i know im at a houseparty gettin wasted.

But tbh you're at Uni so it'd be expected of you to go out and get trashed at every possible moment, who wouldnt? i'd say keep enjoying going out and partying. The only reason im doing A-Levels is to party at Uni for 3 years.
  • Options
    lipsy wrote:

I was like that through college... if anything im even worse now that I work full time because I can afford it more!!
    Im coming up to 23 and I think I should slow down, but I dont really want to tbh... I always enjoy myself and have a good time!

It does take its toll though... going out getting hammered, getting in bed at 3:30am then my alarm going off at half 7 for a full days work, not fun!!
  • Options
    I usually think too much about things. I can turn a compliment into the worst possible insult ever. Sometimes, I don't recognise myself - and sometimes, I am afraid of expressing myself. When I think about myself, my stomach drowns in anxiety - the insecure, lying ass-hole who everyone despises, and probably still does.

I also have a problem with morale. The longer I stay quiet, the higher morale I get, as people tend to ask: "Why are you so quiet?" I think they're used to it now.

My social life is, more or less, my death.
  • Options
    quarfly wrote:
    I usually think too much about things. I can turn a compliment into the worst possible insult ever. Sometimes, I don't recognise myself - and sometimes, I am afraid of expressing myself. When I think about myself, my stomach drowns in anxiety - the insecure, lying ass-hole who everyone despises, and probably still does.

I also have a problem with morale. The longer I stay quiet, the higher morale I get, as people tend to ask: "Why are you so quiet?" I think they're used to it now.

My social life is, more or less, my death.
    And you never think anything good about yourself. Going on that post anyway.

But since we're doing flaws, mine main one is that I have the attention span of a 3 year old. I used to never do essays until the night before because there's no way I could concentrate on an essay for any length of time unless I was forced to (i.e. it was due in the next day). I can't read books, because I tire of them after a chapter or two (alright with magazines though). I've got so many unfinished projects on the go. I'm supposed to be saving my money at the moment, but I keep losing track and buy a few CDs or something that I don't really need. I worry about myself being in a long-term relationship too, that I'll end up getting bored after a few months or something. But other than that I'm perfect. :p
  • Options
    Should some of these not be on Infinate's thread of dispair??
    Eveyone has their bad points, but if you look really hard there is always something good...
    Always a way to muddle through.
  • Options
    And you never think anything good about yourself.

Wrong. There's nothing positive about my social life. End of.

There are other positive things though, which are clouded by all my problems. I really can't put in more effort into my social life. I just think I'll give up. Give up trying to fit in, give up trying to talk to the 'cool stereotypes', give up living in school and just working like I do at the moment - without stress from my social life.

Oh my God, I sound really emo now. What an attention-whore I am at the moment. Please ignore the above then. :p
  • Options
    lipsy wrote:

Christ tell me about it! I'm in my final year ... I've done nothing but piss about and get wrecked for three years and this year i really needed to buckle down and have something to show for it all. Did I? Did I fuck!

My problem is I just don't care. If I can think a day ahead I'm doing well but i'll always go out given half a chance whether I have a deadline the next day or not. I've got through life so far by being a cheeky fuck, doing sod all and somehow landing on my feet and although I know it can't work that way forever I'm damned if i know a way to get out of the mindset.

If I'm being totally honest I don't mind too much. Sometimes I think it would have been nice to have worked hard and really seen what I was capable of but at the same time I've had a fucking awesome time and I'd pick that every day over some people I know who will get better grades than me but have been stressed/unhappy etc. Tomorrow will take care of itself, I want to be happy now.
  • Options
    As a person, I'm quiet, introverted, practical, head over heart just about all the time. I think of everything in terms of practical aspects. If I have a job to do, I'll just shut up and get on with it.
  • Options
    i dunno, i'm a bit of a mix of people. i don't think i really have a set personality. i can't say i'm one way or another because i'm both. some days i'll be dead studious then some i'll think fuck lectures and not go to uni. some days i'm confident and high as a kite, others i'm a bit down. sometimes i wish i could let my hair down a bit more because i can be a bit of a worrier - and i think about things too much. see if someone rang me at 4am and wanted me to go to a party...one night i'd be well up for it (as long as i was looking presentable!) and another i'd be well i have work to do...so i guess i've struck a good balance really. :confused:
  • Options
    That depends on if you do the work first or leave it to the last minute then get studious.
  • Options
    I have good intentions when it comes to work, but as we all know that's the way they paved the road to hell. :p But as long as I get it done in the end (and I always do) then I don't consider it a bad thing. The most tempting nights out are always when you know you should be sticking to some rigidly planned work schedule or revising etc. Usually I give into that temptation, but I do have a small reserve of self-control for when it's really necessary.

Being sensible is overrated, and as long as you don't go too far in the other direction (for instance, jeopardising your future, career-wise or whatever) I see nothing wrong with throwing caution to the wind, being reckless and having fun while you're young.

Speaking of general personality and not just in relation to work, I'd class myself as a weirdo (of the non-psychotic garden-variety) though like Rachael said there are many words for this disposition and "quirky" is one of them... I'd even venture as far as to say that the most interesting people I know are the strangest, most idiosyncratic and often "zany" ones. The kind of people who stay up for 72 hours straight because they're writing a poem, or miss all their lectures for a week because they find a fantastic juke box at a pub they'd never been in before or [consistently] spend their rent on musical instruments. That's hardly typically sensible, but it's a far more appealing character to me. But then again, I would say that. ;)
  • Options
    Quite at first, when meeting new people. But friendly and caring. i tend to go throught phases of going out all the time and always on the go, or doing as little as poss. Lot of my friends come to me for advise or just someone to listern to their problems.
  • Options
    I think I'm quite impulsive really. Dont really plan anything just go with the flow, do whatever takes my fancy. Its not always a good thing when shopping however..
  • Options
    Jon_UK wrote:
    Christ tell me about it! I'm in my final year ... I've done nothing but piss about and get wrecked for three years and this year i really needed to buckle down and have something to show for it all. Did I? Did I fuck!

My problem is I just don't care. If I can think a day ahead I'm doing well but i'll always go out given half a chance whether I have a deadline the next day or not. I've got through life so far by being a cheeky fuck, doing sod all and somehow landing on my feet and although I know it can't work that way forever I'm damned if i know a way to get out of the mindset.

If I'm being totally honest I don't mind too much. Sometimes I think it would have been nice to have worked hard and really seen what I was capable of but at the same time I've had a fucking awesome time and I'd pick that every day over some people I know who will get better grades than me but have been stressed/unhappy etc. Tomorrow will take care of itself, I want to be happy now.

Such a ditto :yes:
  • Options
    **Helen** wrote:
    Hey Lipsy - don't mean to hijack your thread it's just we've got a new article about getting motivated on TheSite which you might be interested in.See it here.

good article :)

bullet points 1 and 2 are a yes for me, it's hard to get down to a boring bit of work when all you get back is a percentage (no degree is guarenteed :p). I try to knuckle down and do more work but those are only really momentary inspirations, when i wake up the next day it's gone :p

When I enjoy something i have loads of drive and can normally excell at it... though most things i enjoy involve some form of competition. maybe i'm stuck with always being so passive : o

/sulk :D
  • Options
    I really don't like talking about myself, I find it pretty hard to ever be positive about myself but I'll give it a shot. I can be funny, sarcastic (sometimes a little too much), I'm pretty organised when it comes to planning stuff, I am critical of myself a lot, I like meeting new people but hate initiating conversation with people. I am scared of making a complete arse outta myself. I like to think I am quite a friendly person and I care about my friends and family.
  • Options
    I really don't like talking about myself, I find it pretty hard to ever be positive about myself but I'll give it a shot. I can be funny, sarcastic (sometimes a little too much), I am critical of myself a lot, I like meeting new people but hate initiating conversation with people. I am scared of making a complete arse outta myself. I like to think I am quite a friendly person and I care about my friends and family.

You are so similar to me, though I have spells of being completely full of myself....... Its not big and it's not clever!!!
  • Options
    I'm not really sure what I am.

Sensible sounds boring. But I have commitments now, so I can't simply toss caution to the wind and go out every night. I have work in the morning, and need my beauty sleep.

I'm not boring or serious, but because I don't throw caution to the wind I think I come across that way. I know our lass's sister thinks I'm boring, but she's the sort of person who will spend her rent money on knickers.
  • Options
    Massive procrastinator. I wont go out if i know i have a big assignment to do because i feel obligated to stay in and get it done, but i wont get started for hours/days.. I will fiddle around will every little thing.. tidying my room .. the internet.. choosing the text/font.. :p but i wont actually knuckle down and do the work.. :p Once i have started sometimes I get 'into the flow' and its alright other times it'll go so slow and i'll start panicking like OMFG i can't do it.. especially if it's like 11pm the night before.. :p