Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Uni clash with summer work

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
Im in my first year in my BA Fine Art degree, the first year is basically you just have to pass an doesnt count towards your degree, we have out final exhibtion on the 19th of may, an then a month of uni after that where we just help thrid years put up thier show, I've been offered a job at a camp america thing in Florida, but not looking after the campers, id be looking after three children for someone that runs the camp, Anyway they'd want me to leave here 31st of may, what do you think my chances are that uni'll let me go early?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Im in my first year in my BA Fine Art degree, the first year is basically you just have to pass an doesnt count towards your degree, we have out final exhibtion on the 19th of may, an then a month of uni after that where we just help thrid years put up thier show, I've been offered a job at a camp america thing in Florida, but not looking after the campers, id be looking after three children for someone that runs the camp, Anyway they'd want me to leave here 31st of may, what do you think my chances are that uni'll let me go early?

I wouldnt have thought they'd stop you, or that you'd get in much, if any, trouble if you went.

just tell them you're going and go :)
  • Options
    well you'd only be helping out, wouldn't you? just ask them, only way you'll know.
  • Options
    yeah I'm gonna ask when i get in tomorrow :)
  • Options
    Wow. That sounds really cool. No advice but I hope you have a great time
  • Options
    Rachael wrote:
    Wow. That sounds really cool. No advice but I hope you have a great time

Thanks, im so excited, i just hope its all good with uni now :hyper:
  • Options
    Omg they said it should all be fine so i can go! im going to work in florida for the summer! :hyper:
  • Options
    I think its Lake Wales, im just fillin my forms in now :hyper: