Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Ex - Girl text me today

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Last summer i met this girl through some friends, i liked her and she liked me. But she'd just come out of a pretty screwed up relationship and was just looking for some fun, but i failed to see this and came on like i wanted a relationship and that (Which, of course, i've now learnt is the worst thing you can do, whatever the situation) so we sorta fell out and it all kinda got messed up. But i did kinda develop feelings for her and was fucked off to have blown it. I sort of got over it and forgot about it, then she started texting me again before christmas, and we kept going on about maybe having a night together, whether she was serious or not i don't know, but anyway the texts stopped again suddenly, and again i thought 'fuck it' and forgot about it. Then, when i'd finally just about forgot she existed, she starts texting me again today out of the blue. Just asking general stuff about what i'd been up to and that, but finishing messages with 'love clare' and that. And now i'm quite wound up because i'm feeling some of the old feelings again that i thought i had got rid of, and it's like, what do you want from me? I've always found it really tough to stay friends with any of my ex's, because a slightly weak and immature streak in me always wants to cave in and try and start things back up with them again, which 9 times out of 10, just doesn't work of course, but sometimes i find it hard to let go of old feelings. So, now i'm stuck whether to just say "Look, i'm find this to difficult to deal with so i think we should stop contacting each other for good" or whether she actually does want something and asking her what she wants. I just don't get why she'd bother texting after all this time. Anyone been in the same situation and any ideas what the best thing to do is?

Apologies for sounding like a love sick 12 yr old by the way, but everybody's crap at dealing with something....

Comments

• Options
    i dont think you should say either of those things. just play it cool and i'm sure you'll find out what she wants from you. my guess is shes been thinking about you lately and maybe wants to meet up.
  • Options
    lipsy wrote:
    i dont think you should say either of those things. just play it cool and i'm sure you'll find out what she wants from you. my guess is shes been thinking about you lately and maybe wants to meet up.

Well, after 4 billion text messages, i just asked her, do u fancy going out sometime, as friends of course, and she's like "Well i've not got a day off until next wednesday, then i'm going home the weekend after that". So basically she has just about no desire to see me, even as just a friend, so what on earth was the point of her texting me in the first place?! Or is she testing me or something? Stuffed if i know....!
  • Options
    Well, after 4 billion text messages, i just asked her, do u fancy going out sometime, as friends of course, and she's like "Well i've not got a day off until next wednesday, then i'm going home the weekend after that". So basically she has just about no desire to see me, even as just a friend, so what on earth was the point of her texting me in the first place?! Or is she testing me or something? Stuffed if i know....!

text her back, "well what do you want then?"
  • Options
    She's probably checking up on you. See if you're still single and get an ego boost while at it. I doubt there's any desire to get back with you behind this.

Just stop contacting her alltogether, delete her number and whatnot. Nothing good will come out of this.
  • Options
    perhaps she just wanted the attention.. you know was bored and went through her phone to see which boys she could text.
  • Options
    Yeah, guess i pretty much agree with those last two posts. Don't see anything coming of this. Just winds me up. It's like that line from the Godfather III "Just when i thought i was out they pulled me back in". Just wish these people wouldn't bother getting in touch at all. Would make life far easier.....!