Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Removing a security tag

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    That's kids clothing?

Oh deaaary. I was just going to remark on what a nice top it is :blush:
  • Options
    Shoot it off with a gun
    thanks
  • Options
    I dont know if you got what I meant so i'm double checking, this new system, the tags are made into the items, eg soles of shoes.

Ahh my mistake.

Can't see much point in that either because, what a thief wants, a thief gets, tag or no tag. Plus as has been mentioned, sometimes the tagging gates just don't work. Some times they just go off for no apparent reason too!

Anyway i'm talking about awhole different thing here :p

On topic, let us know how you get the tag off Glittery Vodka ;)
  • Options
    Rachael wrote:
    That's kids clothing?

Oh deaaary. I was just going to remark on what a nice top it is :blush:
    It's so much cuter from the front :D

Thanks for all the suggestions folks, I'll let you know how I get on :)
  • Options
    Success!

I did it!

I cut the top off it with a hacksaw and had a peek inside, I poked the little "device" thingy out of it, it looked a bit like a bomb! Then I put a screwdriver under the pin part of it and wiggled it a big and it came off. No damage to the top whatsoever :)

Thanks for all the tips, you dodgy dodgy people :p
  • Options
    AAAAAAAGGGHHHHH!!!! Does She play golf???? :p:D:D
  • Options
    Shut it, it's cute :p
  • Options
    aaw it is cute yes. Well done :D
  • Options
    Doofay wrote:
    Might sew it into one of my mates' bags or sommat haha.

i work at tesco and was in there with my mum doing some shopping once. the security lad who i know decided it would be a good idea to put one in my hood without me knowing! so when i walked through the doors the alarm went off. obviously customers don't know i work there and so they must have been looking at me like a thief when i was emptying my pockets out to no avail. :(
  • Options
    Aww the top is very cute.

I'm quite surprised no one suggested smashing the tag off.... my mum came home with one like that attached to her new top once. It was dry outside, so my boyfriend went and stood on the top level of our patio. He threw it down with force onto the bottom level (a HUGEEE drop of about half a metre) and it sprung off. Dusted the top down, and it was done :)
  • Options
    When I worken in retail we did used to get the odd item of clothing that went through without having its tag taken off esp. when we where busy or the customer buys a lot of items. Most tags are quite easy to take off with a magnet or the right tools. What amazes me is M&S have NO tags or obvious security methods to deter shop lifters.
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    nicx1811 wrote:
    Aww the top is very cute.

I'm quite surprised no one suggested smashing the tag off.... my mum came home with one like that attached to her new top once. It was dry outside, so my boyfriend went and stood on the top level of our patio. He threw it down with force onto the bottom level (a HUGEEE drop of about half a metre) and it sprung off. Dusted the top down, and it was done :)

Doing that may've released the ink and ruined the top completely though.