Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

No more chocolate salty balls

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Isaac Hayes has quit South Park.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060313/ap_en_tv/people_isaac_hayes

I do love how Matt didn't tried to sugar coat it at all. No "artistic differences", no "Isaac's talent will be missed". Just his view, straight up.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Oh well, he wont be missed, chef was a sucky character anyway and he hasnt even been in the show for ages anyway.
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    I always liked the Chef :(
  • Options
    Aw fuck. I loved the Chef and how he was always in a sticky situation when the kids asked him about adult stuff. :(
  • Options
    Yeah chef was one of my favourite characters when I used to watch it. Have no idea what goes on in the show now anyway.
  • Options
    Thats what happens if you become a Scientologist jerk. If he hadn't left, he would have become "Fair Game" as the CoS calls it. Meaning a target.
  • Options
    yup.

scientolgy strikes again. Sad.
  • Options
    Like Stone said, rather hypocritical isn't it? He didn't seem to care much about respect for individual religious beliefs when it was the Christians or Jews who were being mocked...

Shame anyway. I like Chef. Well, maybe he'll have an accident and become a mute. :D
  • Options
    The full Matt Stone quote:

This has nothing to do with intolerance and bigotry and everything to do with the fact that Isaac Hayes is a Scientologist and that we recently featured Scientology in an episode of 'South Park.' In ten years and over 150 episodes of 'South Park,' Isaac never had a problem with the show making fun of Christians, Muslims, Mormons and Jews. He got a sudden case of religious sensitivity when it was his religion featured on the show. To bring the civil rights struggle into this is just a non-sequiter. Of course we will release Isaac from his contract and we wish him well.
  • Options
    Too bad, hopefully it won't mean the end of the character - shouldn't be all that difficult for a talented voice actor to do a passable Chef.
  • Options
    He should have known that South Park was going to have a pop at Scientology eventually. Christians, Catholics, Muslims... they've all been attacked. Scientology was bound to be next. I can't wait to see that episode now. :p
  • Options
    Crazy fucking Scientologists.

Matt Stone nailed him to the wall with that statement. Ha.
  • Options
    Indeed. Good on him. I love South Park and I love the stuff with religion.
  • Options
    its a crazy scientologist conspiracy. i bet they sat him in a room and hypnotised him. with a swinging photograph of tom cruise.
  • Options
    its a crazy scientologist conspiracy. i bet they sat him in a room and hypnotised him. with a swinging photograph of tom cruise.
    I've heard a bit about this Scientology malarkey - a whole bunch of celebs, like Tom Cruise, and Madonna for instance are also believers in it. But what on earth is Scientology? What do they believe in?
  • Options
    Voodoo Ray wrote:
    Too bad, hopefully it won't mean the end of the character - shouldn't be all that difficult for a talented voice actor to do a passable Chef.
    well i hope the he is just as good a musician as Hayes.
  • Options
    I guess they just never got him out of the closet :(
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    I guess they just never got him out of the closet :(
    I hope the person who does the voice next, if indeed there is one, actually sounds the slightest bit similar to him.
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote:
    I've heard a bit about this Scientology malarkey - a whole bunch of celebs, like Tom Cruise, and Madonna for instance are also believers in it. But what on earth is Scientology? What do they believe in?

That a race of beings from another planet were stood around volcanoes, destroyed by nuclear bombs, which released their spirits that haunt the living.

I shit you not.
  • Options
    Raz wrote:
    That a race of beings from another planet were stood around volcanoes, destroyed by nuclear bombs, which released their spirits that haunt the living. I shit you not.
    I'm not reading all that! :p From what I did read though, it sounds like nonsense.
  • Options
    Raz wrote:
    That a race of beings from another planet were stood around volcanoes, destroyed by nuclear bombs, which released their spirits that haunt the living.

Well, that sounds like a perfectly rational belief system to me.. :p

Scientology Kills, quite literally. They terrify me, and are allegedly very dangerous (but I don't want to get sued so I'll stfu).
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote:

From Wikipedia -

"A person is an immortal spiritual being (termed a thetan) who possesses a mind and a body. The cause of "aberrations" in the human mind is an accumulation of pain and unconscious memories of traumatic incidents, some of which predated the life of thel individual.

One of these is the story of Xenu, the galactic tyrant who first kidnapped certain individuals who were deemed "excess population" and loaded these individuals into space planes for transport to the site of extermination, the planet of Teegeeack (Earth). These space planes were said to have been copies of Douglas DC-8s, except with rocket engines. He then stacked hundreds of billions of these frozen victims around Earth's volcanoes 75 million years ago before blowing them up with hydrogen bombs and brainwashing them with a "three-D, super colossal motion picture" for 36 days, telling them lies of what they are and what the universe should be like and telling them that they are 3 different things: 'Jesus, God, and The Devil.' The traumatized thetans subsequently clustered around human bodies because they watched the motion picture together, making them think they are all the same thing, in effect acting as invisible spiritual parasites known as "body thetans" that can only be removed using advanced Scientology techniques.

Xenu is allegedly imprisoned in a mountain by a force field powered by an eternal battery. He is said to be still alive today."

OK then... :crazyeyes
  • Options
    SILENCE PUNY MORTAL. ALL YOUR CELEBRITIES ARE BELONG TO US!

South_Park_Xenu.jpg
  • Options
    I hope they just kill Chef off in another Scientology episode, then just replace him with the Chef's parents and the loch Ness monster always after $3.50! They were funny!

Did anyone see Tom Cruise get interviewed on nbc sometime last year? It was on MTV celebrity freak outs i think. He claimed he was an expert on pharmacology and all known pharaceuticals available the people of the world. He called them evil works of tyrants and that they didnt work and any effect they did have was merely pyschological brainwashing by Doctors on their patients. He then went on to call the host of the show "Bill" when his name was something like Walter.

The host asked Cruise;
    "Surely in many cases drugs that are prescribed work?"

Tom Cruise reply;
    "That is a very Glib answer, i would expect from a journalist of your woeful calibre Bill. Do you know about pharmaceuticals? No, i thought not, but i do. I know all about them. They just do not work. It says so in the book of scientology."

WTF is up with this freaky cult?
  • Options
    subject13 wrote:
    I hope they just kill Chef off in another Scientology episode, then just replace him with the Chef's parents and the loch Ness monster always after $3.50! They were funny!

Did anyone see Tom Cruise get interviewed on nbc sometime last year? It was on MTV celebrity freak outs i think. He claimed he was an expert on pharmacology and all known pharaceuticals available the people of the world. He called them evil works of tyrants and that they didnt work and any effect they did have was merely pyschological brainwashing by Doctors on their patients. He then went on to call the host of the show "Bill" when his name was something like Walter.

The host asked Cruise;
    "Surely in many cases drugs that are prescribed work?"

Tom Cruise reply;
    "That is a very Glib answer, i would expect from a journalist of your woeful calibre Bill. Do you know about pharmaceuticals? No, i thought not, but i do. I know all about them. They just do not work. It says so in the book of scientology."

WTF is up with this freaky cult?

I can see where the point is coming from... it isn't in the pharmaceutical companies interests for their drugs to fully work straight away, that would limittheir market more. but i think it's a tad paranoid.
  • Options
    muse- wrote:
    I can see where the point is coming from... it isn't in the pharmaceutical companies interests for their drugs to fully work straight away, that would limittheir market more. but i think it's a tad paranoid.

Why do you think theres not a cure for aids, the cold, canker sores even, theres not enough profit in it. With the advances, I don't believe that they can't find a cure, they just don't want to yet.

But thats another thing. I like the loch ness moster for $3.50 :p
  • Options
    If there's one rule I'd follow when deciding on a religion it'd be - if a bad science fiction writer invented it and the belief system features alien races; just say no.
  • Options
    Jim V wrote:
    If there's one rule I'd follow when deciding on a religion it'd be - if a bad science fiction writer invented it and the belief system features alien races; just say no.
    I think I should invent my own religion... I can just see it now. I'd be the god that people must worship three times a day... ***feeling smug all of a sudden*** ...I could make a lot of money out of this!
  • Options
    man they are fuckin nuts.

I am all for believing in aliens and even inteference in th ehuman race by aliens but that story up there is just wack!!!

all that fame and money and they belive in some big con trick.

not fair really.

loch nes smonster and chefs parents are hilarious!!!
  • Options
    The plot thickens

So, Isaac Hayes might not even know he's quit South Park....

Seriously dodgy dealings afoot if this is true.

Oh and Tom Cruise can piss off.
  • Options
    It all sound's very PR for Scientology to be honest. Which in itself seems to be a bit odd, so I wouldn't put it past them.
    Each to their own.