Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Hmmm what do i do?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I'm honestly not sure if its a load of lines or not, but if she won't commit then there's nothing to work on really.

If she isn't going to make a decision I wouldn't hang around like a mug waiting for her.
  • Options
    Do you think asking her straight would help? Well at least asking what shes feeling.
  • Options
    GoodFella wrote:
    Do you think asking her straight would help? Well at least asking what shes feeling.

Would it help? Not sure. But there's not alot to lose now. I reckon it's worth a shot.....
  • Options
    GoodFella wrote:
    haven't you already been doing that though? i thought the last thing you did was tell her exactly how you are feeling and she went away to think about that.

if she had just come out of a serious relationship before you met her then maybe she isn't over him yet. maybe you were her rebound.

im sticking with my lines theory.
  • Options
    lipsy wrote:
    haven't you already been doing that though? i thought the last thing you did was tell her exactly how you are feeling and she went away to think about that.

Well shes never ever really come out properly with what shes feeling in these last few weeks.

A week before this little break came she said "she felt herself falling for me" and then when the break happened she said "i want you but i cant".

Thats pretty much as far as shes got in what shes feeling.

Poop all this sucks.
  • Options
    give her time, be her friend, if she has an inferiority complex she'll benefit from your emotional support as a friend, if she has lost interest then at least you'll have a friendship with someone you feel close to, but if she just needs to sort her head out then you'll be there when she realises what she wants.
    I dont personally do the 'giving people space' thing, i think you need to do what feels right, and forcing yourself to separate yourself from someone you care for isn't helpful, especially if she cares for you too. (My current boyfriend and I have had several breaks, and every time we've tried to have space from one another it has only lead to more trouble and pain for both of us)
    with the inferiority complex thing, direct compliments dont usually work, because she'll be convinced its not true, but just acting like she's great, being interested in her, smiling when you talk to her, paying genuine attention to her- all little covert gestures rather than overt compliments and telling her "dont be silly- you're great", will all boost her self esteem.
    if you have another serious let-it-all-out conversation, maybe tell her you aren't afraid of being hurt by her- the chance to be with her would be worth the risk.
    good luck, just respect her need for time, but dont try to be distant- show that you care, and want to be there for her, that kind of consideration is worth so much!
  • Options
    Thanks everyone for the advice and reading what i've put. Guess now i've just got to wait and see what happens over the coming weeks.

Will keep this thread updated if theres any major changes or if i just need to get stuff off me chest.

Thanks again though. Your all stars :)
  • Options
    Ok now im mucho confused.

Decided to go out on the razzle last night with the lads. The fact im up early shows it was a pretty shit night in the getting drunk department.

Anyway she was out with her mate and wanted us to go meet em. So i thought ah why the hell not, shes inviting me so what can i lose. And from the start she was all over me, literally! Now i mean it was the greatest thing to be able to hug her again and to kiss her again.

But its all so strange after all thats been said. Before i didnt know, last night showed she still is interested but was that the booze i dunno.

Im both :D but then also abit :confused:
  • Options
    Well, she's probably a bit confused herself. I don't think she was using lines before, I think she really is insecure, haven't you read other posts on here about people not being able to go out with guys 'cause they feel they aren't worthy enough? It happens.

I think she has been honest with you but is just confused herself, she really does like you, I wouldn't doubt that.

Maybe she needs more reassurance from your part to help her overcome her insecurities.
  • Options
    Well everything seems to be paying off i think ever so slightly :)

I've left her to get on with college work etc but stayed in contact and tried to do what i can to reassure her that she really is worth everything to me.

She wants to do something when all her work is done :) , just ahhh i dunno i know its not all completely sorted but its brought a smile back to my face and i hope things can work out.

Just not quite sure what to do when she has finished. I mean what would be the best thing to do activity wise .. cooking her a meal was an idea but then that might be abit too forward at the moment even if it is just meant as a nice thing to do for her as she has been piled down with work

Any ideas?
  • Options
    I would say spend a day together but keep the 'activities' a bit casual. Maybe go shopping for a bit, grab something to eat, get a drink etc.....
  • Options
    Yep thats whats planned now. Going for a walk in the park for abit and then just gonna get something to eat and drink after. So will be a nice day :) if only i had a time machine. This next week or so better hurry up :p