Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

When its a joke to one, but borderline cheating to the other...

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Its a shame too but I do understand that you probably wont leave her until you dont love her anymore. Its the same reason domestic violence victims stay with abusive partners etc - people will put up with ANY amount of shit until the loves gone.
    There WILL be a straw that breaks the camels back - one day the love will go if she doesnt treat you right, but its a shame because you wont be properly happy even if you do still love her.
  • Options
    Dont get confused, shes only really stepped over the line once, it was me fucking up before.

I did:

- swap pictures over the net of myself in underwear
    - kiss / fondle another girl
    - flirt excessively

however, i admitted to all three and the past year everythings been plain sailing till now. i do get jealous sometimes, like she used to go cinema with a male mate (hes gay) and id get jealous she wasnt going with me, even though that was like their thing. she doesnt go anymore, and i cant help feeling responsible.

i think in many ways ive painted a worse picture than the reality, the thing i cant change is that she did lie when i challenged her, but when it comes to the crunch you can either walk away or forgive and move on. ive made a decision, and it might not be a wise one, but its all i can do :)
  • Options
    Your relationship sounds unhealthy, on both your parts.

But good for you for making an effort with it
  • Options
    Blah wrote:
    Your relationship sounds unhealthy, on both your parts.

But good for you for making an effort with it

weve both grown up a lot through it. as bad as it sounds, its probably the happiest most stable relationship we've ever had. you see, we never have hiccups, or anything like that - just the odd occasional dramatic thing like this. but we're good at sorting them through in our considerate and calm way.

ive just spoken to the guy and tried to put his mind at rest, so he can talk to my girlfriend again as a friend. for some reason it makes me feel a lot better, and my girlfriend is pleased because im her best friend, and everyone else is kind of an 'aquaintence' - for her to have a good solid mate is fantastic

weve got issues, but so have a lot of relationships, i dont think its possible to have a perfect relationship. theyve made us a lot stronger together too.
  • Options
    sounds like theres lack of respect here
  • Options
    weve got issues, but so have a lot of relationships, i dont think its possible to have a perfect relationship.

i think you're right.

however, it is possible to have a successful relationship and a healthy relationship. something that they have in common is mutual respect and honesty. and to be quite honest, it sounds like both are sadly lacking in her corner.

i think you're kidding yourself, and i think you're selling yourself short, but i wish you well if that's what you've decided to do.
  • Options
    I think my girlfriend does respect me. It was just a breach of trust thats happened, and she has come clean since, and is telling me 'oh by the way i just sent a text to xxx to let them know xxx' so i dont get paranoid. I think half the issue was me blowing things out of proportion, because when i saw them i didnt know what to think.

This is going to sound pretty weird, but she'd do anything i asked her to - sometimes she asks me to tell her what to do. She's got a submissive personality, which is what i think kinda came into play a bit, as she doesn't like to 'bring things up' in conversation. But since I first met her she has come on in leaps and bounds and become loads more confident which is great.

I think we're ok now anyway. Ive kind of got things into perspective and the actual flirting wasnt so bad - it was me getting freaked out cos i caught her at it rather than her telling me - but the lying will mean its going to take some time to trust her again. And she knows that shes on serious probation and is being extremely well behaved. But the other side to this is that I do love her and still want to treat her.

Maybe when it comes down to it I spoil her. I think theres probably some truth to 'treat em mean, keep em keen'. But I'm not prepared to do that :p
  • Options
    i don't see why she has to tell you whos shes texting and why tho
    and it sounds as if she's terrified of doing anything slightly wrong incase you flip your lid....you both need more backbone me thinks
  • Options
    icey wrote:
    tbh, i wouldnt trust her.
    im not really a trusting sort of person anyway but this kind of behaviour would put a red flag up straight away!

Think i'd be the same but I suppose it depends what type of person she is. I dont know.
  • Options
    Ballerina wrote:
    i don't see why she has to tell you whos shes texting and why tho
    and it sounds as if she's terrified of doing anything slightly wrong incase you flip your lid....you both need more backbone me thinks

If you ask any of the oldies about a certain 'laura' - i do tend to get a bit infatuated / put girls on a pedestal / possesive even. i did jump down my girlfriends throat a bit though, and upon thinking back, she actually brought it up - she was TRYING to tell me, and ive totally flipped as you can see in this thread.