Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Why America is a terrorist target

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I'll tell you why people around the world supposedly don't like Americans:

1) they envious of the material wealth and freedom enjoyed by Americans

2) the global military might thjat is at the cutting edge of 21st century technology

3) the export of those world-beating products that are loved by everyone, Coca Cola, McDonald's, Microsoft, AOL, & the Simpsons

Makes some kinda sense maybe? Ever met a yank you don't like?
  • Options
    rickramone wrote:

I certainly don't. Americans don't enjoy nearly as much freedom as Europeans.

And as for wealth, who has most of it, i.e. how well is it distributed? What's the life of the average citizen like? And far more importantly, what is the quality of life like?
    2) the global military might thjat is at the cutting edge of 21st century technology
    I doubt many people at all other than a few anoraks would dislike the US because it has better planes than them.

What people might object to, however, is those planes and state-of-the-art missiles blowing them to pieces for no apparent reason.
    3) the export of those world-beating products that are loved by everyone, Coca Cola, McDonald's, Microsoft, AOL, & the Simpsons
    If people around the world enjoy those products then why would they dislike the country that made them? :confused:
  • Options
    rickramone wrote:

You're not any richer or freer than the Canadians and I can't remember the last time I saw somebody burn a Canadian flag.
    rickramone wrote:

Who gives a fuck?
    rickramone wrote:

The fact that the USA gave us the Simpsons means we can *almost* forgive them for a lot of things.
    rickramone wrote:
    Makes some kinda sense maybe? Ever met a yank you don't like?

Sure, I've met some right arseholes from the USA. Met some sound people too. A bit like people anywhere...
  • Options
    I hate the attitude of certain Americans who assume that people hate their country because they are jealous. Are they taught from an early age that their country is far superior to any other, and that they have more 'freedoms' than anywhere else? Then they wonder why people think Americans are arrogant. :rolleyes:

I love certain thing about America like the music, the TV shows, the (independant) films. I also hate certain things about America like obesity, sueing people, the (Hollywood) films, intelligent design and those games they call 'sports'.

I don't think anyone (in other western countries) hates the USA, they just hate the current government and it's policies (and therefore a large portion of the population for re-electing it). Think about how popular Clinton was around the world when he was president.
  • Options
    Remind me again how many million people voted for the Cowboy George W?
  • Options
    rickramone wrote:
    Remind me again how many million people voted for the Cowboy George W?

A shit load of rednecks.