Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Weed Info

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    But do you smoke often? I literally only smoke maybe once a month, if that. I do sometimes get a cigar though ;)
    Well I smoked maybe once every 2 months, then I started more 3-4 times a week, then i stopped because i thought it was worthless
  • Options
    So theres no nicotine in weed?
  • Options
    Correct, Marijuana does not contain any nicotine.
  • Options
    OMg lol YAy i am happy =) no tar either?
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    There is PLENTY of tar in both. (Click here for a defenition of tar. )
    Toxic substances, such as carbon monoxide, hydrogen cyanide, and nitrosamines occur in similar concentrations in tobacco and marijuana smoke; so do the amounts of particulate material known collectively as "tars"."
    Taken from this page on Erowid, that details Marijuana v.s. Tobacco smoke compositions. It is all about relative harm. Cannabis and cigarettes are both harmful to your health. Your genetic predisposition, overall physical health, lifestyle and usage patterns all determine the harm.

Here is a short piece from Erowid that details the potential harm caused by smoking cannabis.
  • Options
    kk thx for the tip...
  • Options
    As LadyJade said. Don't for a second think smoking cannabis won't be bad for your health! It's addictive, if you smoke it too much you could go paranoid and insociable...and then there are the physical effects. If you take any drug that affects your body strongly it's gonna have a lasting effect over time.

Not to put you off of course...if you're comfortable with the risks involved then go for it. If you did try it, you may well change your mind about the risks you're willing to take anyway. That's if you really liked the experience of course.

By thinking about it this much, you're doing a lot more than most people would anyway :thumb:
  • Options
    Yes, well done. If you decide to try another substance in the future, stop by and get informed first...or just don't do it at all,...whichever. Whatever you do, just don't start smoking cigarettes; oh Good Lord, they do nothing for you, you inhale much more smoke, and you waste valuable money that could be spent of things sooo much better...

...oh and killinbiz (pardon the impromptu nickname :yippie:) ciggs have never done anything to me either,...felt lightheaded for like 30 seconds one time after smoking half a pack...

...like, omg...what a freaking rush!!!!!1111!! :yeees:
  • Options
    Smoking weed is always going to be bad for your health or mental state, whether smoked with or without tobacco. Saying you will smoke it once a month is not believable to me im afraid..I started off having the occasional spliff with my mates now and again.probably once a month..but then when times got a bit harder i'd start to smoke it more..Last year was probably the worst i'd had it..If I didnt have any puff, I'd go crazy..I'd sleep very little, keep eating too a minimum! I've now quit as it got ridiculous smoking 4-5 spliffs every nights with and without mates..I was having to rely on it to sleep!

As for you, it is an acquired taste I think..as I had a previous g/f who hated the taste of it! ( as I found out when she chucked up in my house after like half a single )
    Make sure you're doing it with people that know you well, and are going to keep you safe if something does happen, like you whitey or summit ( unlikely but possible )!
  • Options
    Mekhi wrote:
    Saying you will smoke it once a month is not believable to me im afraid..

I wouldn't say that's necessarily true at all. I used to smoke once a month or so for a long time, and never increased my usage. If you have the strength of mind to stick to what you say you'll do then there's no reason why you can't do it.
  • Options
    I've smoked twice in the last six years. anyone can stick to a frequency if they truely want to.
  • Options
    I wouldn't say that's necessarily true at all. I used to smoke once a month or so for a long time, and never increased my usage. If you have the strength of mind to stick to what you say you'll do then there's no reason why you can't do it.

I think you have to be careful saying this though, for a lot of people habitual or addictive use has less to do with strength of mind and more to do with circumstances, social functions , predispositions - a whole set of complex biological and behavioral issues that we are only just barely beginning to understand.
  • Options
    I smoked weed everyday in my flat last year in uni. I never became addicted to cigarettes even though I was using cigarettes in my joints everyday and I rarely smoke weed now. It's amazing how much more you get out of it, if you don't let it become habitual. Last year, it was just weird when I wasn't stoned.
  • Options
    And when I'm mooned out of it, I frequently smoke cigarettes, but only when out of it, never when sober or just drunk. As people have said, if you're not an addictive smoker, you get more from smoking cigarettes.
  • Options
    Mekhi wrote:
    Smoking weed is always going to be bad for your health or mental state,

No, you cant say that for definate, many users have no noticable mental or physical health problems
    Mekhi wrote:
    Saying you will smoke it once a month is not believable to me im afraid..I started off having the occasional spliff with my mates now and again.probably once a month..but then when times got a bit harder i'd start to smoke it more..Last year was probably the worst i'd had it..If I didnt have any puff, I'd go crazy..I'd sleep very little, keep eating too a minimum! I've now quit as it got ridiculous smoking 4-5 spliffs every nights with and without mates..I was having to rely on it to sleep!

Yes, some people go on to have a problematic relationship with cannabis, and it certainly can be dangerous, but to suggest that every user does this is over stating the risks. Having said that as I mentioned earlier if you have a history of mental health concerns you shouldnt use cannabis.
  • Options
    bongbudda wrote:
    No, you cant say that for definate, many users have no noticable mental or physical health problems

But wouldn't it be true to say that long term habitual use has a detrimental effect on your health?
  • Options
    LadyJade wrote:
    But wouldn't it be true to say that long term habitual use has a detrimental effect on your health?

Quite probably, though I think its over playing the risk to say that any use is harmful and any use leads to addiction.
  • Options
    fairy nuff
  • Options
    LadyJade wrote:
    fairy nuff

As you well know if you exaggerate the risks from drug use people will ignore your advice.
  • Options
    I'm not disagreeing with you here budda. Just trying to give some balance and disabuse the originial poster of the notion that because spliff had no nicotine in it it wasn't harmful....
  • Options
    I know you're not, but we need to be clear.

(and I need the last word)
  • Options
    I noticed that.
  • Options
    Good
  • Options
    Give it up post whore, you know you won't win.
  • Options
    Oh yeah?
  • Options
    Can you eat weed?
  • Options
    Yes, but the effects can be quite different, it takes longer to take effect, its more hallucinogenic and lasts longer.

Its not really something to try unless you are well versed with the drug.
  • Options
    does it taste good?
  • Options
    Asdf wrote:
    does it taste good?

Not really. Very strong leafy chemically taste. :yuck:
  • Options
    Addict wrote:
    Not really. Very strong leafy chemically taste. :yuck:

It depends, some will just taste like grass, a leafy green type taste, others (skunk) will be more chemically and hash will taste of whatever its made of.