Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Cocaine Use Now As High As USA

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
BBC NEWS

Also claims that the most pressing drug issue in the world is methamphetamine.

Comments

• Options
    Its not hugely surprising, for all the Police say they are going after middle class cocaine powder users they dont, crack and heroin are about the only things that really concern them, and rightly so (largely).

As for meth, the Metro had a front page about it today, basically saying its a thousand times more addictive then crack and if you're in the same room as someone who once used it then you become addicted and die instantly.

He is right to suggest that meth is probably the Worlds most problem drug, but that's largely because of its use in the Far East.
  • Options
    I dont really know about the coke problem.... but around here they think the meth is a really big problem also. they have busted like over 100 meth labs in the surrounding counties over the last like 6 months or a year. Although, if it was such a big problem wouldnt you be able to get a hold if it easier??
    .... just wondering....
  • Options
    They’ve been saying that meth is going to come over to Britain and take over for quite a few years now – it’s taking its time!
  • Options
    Big deal. They'll be complaining that people are living too long tomorrow. :lol:

Late 80s/early 90s was methamphetamine not an uncommon ingredient of E's? People from that era talk of the high from one pill lasting all night...although that may be due to memory loss. :chin:
  • Options
    Methamphetamine is certainly one drug I've been interested in. Might give it a go in a few years time.

As for coke, if people have the money for it they'll buy it...work hard play hard mentality. I myself have noticed the rise in coke, people queueing up to do lines and shit like that. Crack on the other hand is more serious, seems like only low life criminals take that.
  • Options
    turlough wrote:
    Methamphetamine is certainly one drug I've been interested in. Might give it a go in a few years time.

As for coke, if people have the money for it they'll buy it...work hard play hard mentality. I myself have noticed the rise in coke, people queueing up to do lines and shit like that. Crack on the other hand is more serious, seems like only low life criminals take that.

I reckon there's still quite a big gap in terms of stigma/apprehension between E & coke though. I've been quite surprised that pillheads have been shocked when i've started taking lines at parties etc.
  • Options
    Spliffie wrote:
    I reckon there's still quite a big gap in terms of stigma/apprehension between E & coke though. I've been quite surprised that pillheads have been shocked when i've started taking lines at parties etc.

Seriously? I've never thought of coke as that big a thing. Hardly heroin like.
  • Options
    I find some of the coke heads look down on the pill heads, like they think they're socially above that or something because they're using an uber-expensive status symbol of a drug. Wankers.
  • Options
    I agree wholeheartedly, Addict.

As for meth/coke status here in the US, there was a huge front page article about meth with the headline "More of us Face DEADLY METH THREAT!" I don't know if this article in particular sparked the interest, but the past few weeks, that's all any stoner in my city is talking about. Don't know any meth dealers myself, but apparently the prices are becoming very affordable very fast, as my coke dealers have dropped their prices about 40%! Insanity! Ah well, good news for coke users, evenb casual ones such as myself (lol, Addict, I don't look down on you ...or myself, being the pillhead that I am:yum:)

...Methamphetamine is the SHIT!
  • Options
    Spliffie wrote:
    Late 80s/early 90s was methamphetamine not an uncommon ingredient of E's? People from that era talk of the high from one pill lasting all night...although that may be due to memory loss. :chin:

That's because of meth's interaction with MDMA, it works as a seritonin re-uptake blocker, so the MDMA is more effective for longer. However, this comes with down sides like nasty neuron toxins and heavy heavy comedowns.
  • Options
    Methamphetamine is like the wonderdrug though, I've found it's effects to be rather similair to (decent) cocaine, just longer lasting. The addiction thing gets you though.

As for cocaine use reaching US's level, congrats :thumb:
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    Funding one of the most vicious and explotative industries on earth is nothing to be proud of.
  • Options
    As for cocaine use reaching US's level, congrats :thumb:

Nothing to be proud of.

Cocaine is a shitty drug anyway. We'll be a nation of self-absorbed wankers before long now.
  • Options
    Methamphetamine is like the wonderdrug though, I've found it's effects to be rather similair to (decent) cocaine, just longer lasting. The addiction thing gets you though.

Its more powerful stimulant than cocaine, even very strong cocaine, its effect on the CNS can be dangerously strong.
  • Options
    Addict wrote:
    Nothing to be proud of.

Cocaine is a shitty drug anyway. We'll be a nation of self-absorbed wankers before long now.

Nothing shitty about it's effects man. One of the most powerful, absolutely knock your fucking socks off drugs i've taken, if it's pure enough.

Physical dangers have put me off regular use though.

Whether it makes you a wanker or not...some people become self-absorbed cunts even on E, so it's all down the individual. :yes:
  • Options
    Everyone says coke turns you into an arrogant cunt but I've yet to experience this. Must be for long time users.
  • Options
    turlough wrote:
    Everyone says coke turns you into an arrogant cunt but I've yet to experience this. Must be for long time users.

It's a myth. Some long-term cokeheads are absolute fuckers, it's obvious the coke has played its part but others i know in their 30s/early 40s who are decent people. For everyone who becomes unpleasant, arrogant and obnoxious another just feels depressed.

Anything which affects seratonin levels potentially increases bastard behaviour, but people think this is a default result of doing coke because the traditional image of the flash bastard hasn't moved with the times.
  • Options
    Addict wrote:
    Nothing to be proud of.
    LadyJade wrote:
    Funding one of the most vicious and explotative industries on earth is nothing to be proud of.
    you two clearly missed the sarcasm attatched to that. :p
  • Options
    Lol, I didn't miss it. :thumb:

And dude, I completely agree that amphetamine is close to decent coke. The problem is that most people don't mellow while on it. If you kick back and put on some tunes, it can be a VERY euphoric high. Back before I started snorting (I still swallow on occasion, when I want a more mellow, longer lasting high), I would pop a couple 20s of Adderall and just lie around all day, and it was fucking heaven. I was so used to the longevity of speed that when I first tried coke I was actually pretty disappointed, simply because the euphoria is gone before you know it...

...speed is great because there are so many different uses/types of highs...

PILL POWER!! :yes:
  • Options
    LadyJade wrote:
    one of the most vicious and explotative industries on earth

Erm I don't think so.
  • Options
    Lol, I didn't miss it. :thumb:

And dude, I completely agree that amphetamine is close to decent coke. The problem is that most people don't mellow while on it. If you kick back and put on some tunes, it can be a VERY euphoric high. Back before I started snorting (I still swallow on occasion, when I want a more mellow, longer lasting high), I would pop a couple 20s of Adderall and just lie around all day, and it was fucking heaven. I was so used to the longevity of speed that when I first tried coke I was actually pretty disappointed, simply because the euphoria is gone before you know it...

...speed is great because there are so many different uses/types of highs...

PILL POWER!! :yes:

THANK GOD! Speed has always been one of my favorite substances, people think i'm crazy when i say that. It's so much better than its thought to be.

And turlough, when you think about it, the cocaine industry seems to be pretty cut throat.
  • Options
    turlough wrote:

It's the worst drug for how it changes people IMO.

I've been in rooms full off coke users, and some people just get so edgy, and others become dickheads. I've seen it happen loads.

I only like using it around friends. I remember being at a party with one of the most arrogant South African people you could ever not wish to meet. Then the cocaine came out. I have never heard so much self absorbed intense chat in my life. This guy really went off on one, racist fucker too, but that's just how it goes with some people.
  • Options
    Turlough
    Erm I don't think so.

Then, no offense intended mate, but you have no idea what you are talking about.

http://www.cosmos-club.org/journals/1996/lee.html

Sourced from the Guardian

Source: BBC

The Life of Pablo Escobar
  • Options
    Coke gets everwhere, just have to go in our village local to see that.

I don't think it is a major problem tho.
  • Options
    turlough wrote:
    Erm I don't think so.
    You've never been to South America then.
  • Options
    The coke smuggling operations and cartells will do anything to make their money, no matter who is in their way.
  • Options
    I'm not saying it's not vicious or exploitative but you can't compare to the stuff like the illegal arms trade or child sex slave trade and shit like that.
  • Options
    turlough wrote:
    I'm not saying it's not vicious or exploitative but you can't compare to the stuff like the illegal arms trade or child sex slave trade and shit like that.

Except its closely tied with the illegal arms trade, fund mass murder and terrorism, destablises the whole of South America, funds death squads, has lead to the return of the Shinning Path, and of course funded the 40 year civil war on Colombia and destroyed varst areas of rainforest.
  • Options
    Spliffie wrote:
    Anything which affects seratonin levels potentially increases bastard behaviour, but people think this is a default result of doing coke because the traditional image of the flash bastard hasn't moved with the times.

Cocaines action is largely on the dopamine receptors, and dopamine is linked to decision making, good or bad.
  • Options
    not too far along the cocaine trail you will find horror stories which will compare with most anything.