Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Change history

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
If you could go back in time and change one point in history what would it be and why?

And no smart-arses going on about how by going back and killing Hitler before WWII would have saved millions thus also saving Private Joe Bloggs from Leeds being killed on the shores of France allowing him to invent the Anti-Matter bomb which blew up the universe...... It's only a question.

Me? I'm having a think.

Comments

• Options
    I'd go back in time and stop my mother giving me The Fringe. Oh how I suffered for YEARS for that bloody fringe!
  • Options
    I'd go back in time and stop my mother giving me The Fringe. Oh how I suffered for YEARS for that bloody fringe!
    :yuck:
  • Options
    I'd go back to when I was 13, and this girl asked me out and I said no. She wasn't that hot at the time, but by the time we were 16 she was stunning. doh!
  • Options
    I'd probably change a fair bit. There was a lovely girl on the bus when I went to school - she went to a different school, and was a year or two below me. We never spoke, but I'd gaze at her beauty every day... I saw her in town one day, whilst waiting for a bus. She kept looking at me and smiling - this is the one opportunity in life I really wish I'd taken.

However, the biggest thing I'd change is, on the whole, I'd prefer not to have been born. Delete the sperm that got through and use a different one, see what happens ;). I'm depressed, I'm battling it - and currently winning. Still wish I wasn't here.

Oh, and I'd have bought a 944 Turbo rather than the Impreza. And I wouldn't have given up a good job with very good prospects to move 250 miles to live with a girl.

Or would I? ;)
  • Options
    i'd go all the way back to the begining and ask god to make the world square ...it would be a far more exciting ride.
  • Options
    I would go back to the point where homo sapiens were most vulnerable, and kill them. No, seriously I would.
  • Options
    talia wrote:
    I would go back to the point where homo sapiens were most vulnerable, and kill them. No, seriously I would.
    strange girl.
  • Options
    Well I think everybody else on the planet would appreciate it. Apart from homo sapiens themselves of course.
  • Options
    talia wrote:
    Well I think everybody else on the planet would appreciate it. Apart from homo sapiens themselves of course.
    no ...they'd be dead.
  • Options
    I'd go back and protect the Dodos from those Dutch settlers. :(
  • Options
    i'd go back 2 weeks and some how prevent myself from getting both a chest AND ear infection. :impissed: :grump:
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    I'd go back to 16th September, 1997. Then I'd make sure my self of that time didn't take that pencil case to school, therefore preventing the chain of events that causes most of my problems today.
  • Options
    briggi wrote:
    I'd go back and protect the Dodos from those Dutch settlers. :(

:yes: But how??
  • Options
    Unleash deadly pig disease.
  • Options
    I'd go back and assassinate whichever monkey it was who had the bright idea that we should all move down from the trees, build cities and get jobs.
  • Options
    Zalbor wrote:
    I'd go back to 16th September, 1997. Then I'd make sure my self of that time didn't take that pencil case to school, therefore preventing the chain of events that causes most of my problems today.

Was it a Hanson one? If it was I sympathise with you :crying:
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    No, 101 dalmatians. Apparently my incredibly mature 12-year-old classmates didn't want to hang out with a kiddy who still watched cartoons -never mind that last time I saw them they were 20 years old and watching pokemon.
  • Options
    :yes: But how??

I hadn't got that far in my hypothetical plan. Suggestion? :p
  • Options
    briggi wrote:
    I hadn't got that far in my hypothetical plan. Suggestion? :p

Rocks and sticks?
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Me? I'd go back in time and save a T-35 so I could drive it about today. :D
  • Options
    briggi wrote:
    Suggestion? :p
    pull the plug and sink holland.
  • Options
    If you could go back in time and change one point in history what would it be and why?

And no smart-arses going on about how by going back and killing Hitler before WWII would have saved millions thus also saving Private Joe Bloggs from Leeds being killed on the shores of France allowing him to invent the Anti-Matter bomb which blew up the universe...... It's only a question.

Me? I'm having a think.
    though i have heard the question: if you were holding hitler in your arms as a baby...knowing what he'd grow up to do...would you kill him?
  • Options
    Have none of you seen Back To The Future? Going back in time only causes trouble and a trilogy.
  • Options
    Have none of you seen Back To The Future? Going back in time only causes trouble and a trilogy.

or that episode of the simpsons!

either way, this man is correct!
  • Options
    :lol:
  • Options
    Of course I wouldn't kill Hitler as a child. He would still be a child. And just because you kill Hitler doesn't mean you could stop the whole War happening. There were loads of loonies in that party that were all intent on genocide.
  • Options
    Did baby Hitler have a tiny moustache?
  • Options
    Dr PirateDr Pirate Posts: 8,303 Legendary Poster
    I'd give myself the good ideas I normally have just after an event has happened.
  • Options
    Ooo I'd go back in time an kill a really famous author before they write their first book, then pass their own books which I saved as my own. (not Dan Brown or J.K Rowling. SOmeone good.)
  • Options
    i'd go all the way back to the begining and ask god to make the world square ...it would be a far more exciting ride.

Hahaha!

God knows what I'd change. Fuck all probably.