Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Shaving spots

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I seem to get these red spots appearing above my lip and under my nose area. I reckon this is brought on by shaving. They can be very sensitive/painful and unsightly, especially if there are a few. Does anyone else suffer from these? And if so, are there any good remedies???

Comments

• Options
    Tea Tree Oil.
  • Options
    I seem to get these red spots appearing above my lip and under my nose area. I reckon this is brought on by shaving. They can be very sensitive/painful and unsightly, especially if there are a few. Does anyone else suffer from these? And if so, are there any good remedies???

if i remember correctly kermit said something about having to moisturise your face after shaving due to the natural moisturisation thats removed or something

so use some moisturiser :)
  • Options
    i get them (not on my face though) if its not a brand new razor.
    I can only seem to use a razor 2 or 3 times max before it gives me spots.
  • Options
    i get them (not on my face though) .

Yeah, I try to tell people that too :p;)

The man gets them too. He has frightfully sensitive skin. After he shaves he washes his face with this and doesn't/can't use a moisturizer after. Even my ultra sensitive lotion. He has to wait about half a day, then use it. When he doesn't follow his anal process he gets horrible rashes and breaks out. :(

I also have the same problem with I use a razor on the woman bits. I do the same thing he does and it does help.
  • Options
    I get the same if i don't use a new razor.
    I find teatree oil isnt very moisturising on my skin, i use E45 and that helps :)
  • Options
    Myname, did your man try benzoyl peroxide solutions first? As thats what i use, but i have been thinking of switching to a wash with sacylic acid as suggusted in your post, as it has good results apparently.