Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Microsoft Student 2006 =o

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Well i was just browersing the microsoft website and i came across Microsoft Student 2006, so i took a tour you all say Microsoft is crap but I think this program looks Really Good!

Click here To see a tour

Comments

• Options
    CoolMe wrote:
    Well i was just browersing the microsoft website and i came across Microsoft Student 2006, so i took a tour you all say Microsoft is crap but I think this program looks Really Good!

Click here To see a tour

You want to kill me or what... nearly clicked that link :p:D
  • Options
    :nervous: How did you know! :angel:
  • Options
    CoolMe wrote:
    :nervous: How did you know! :angel:

I can read the mind of people who like Micro$hite :p
  • Options
    Can I ask one question:

What is wrong with microsoft? Don't you think it's childish to use Micro$hite everytime you refer to it? What happened to the original name? I never call apple, crapple now do I?

It most certainly does to me.
  • Options
    quarfly wrote:
    Can I ask one question:

What is wrong with microsoft? Don't you think it's childish to use Micro$hite everytime you refer to it? What happened to the original name? I never call apple, crapple now do I?

It most certainly does to me.

I have to work with their products because of work and because their products are not stable and full of flaws they make us often lose an incredible amount of time. I also hate their way of doing business and the fact that they can not provide us with really efficient and stable products when they have the money and the power to do so. It is just my pet hate, it might by childish to call them like that, but sometimes I like being a big kid :p:)
  • Options
    because their products are not stable and full of flaws they make us often lose an incredible amount of time.

Which products? You might have been able to say that Windows 95, for example, was unstable but things have actually come along since then.
  • Options
    Mist wrote:
    Which products? You might have been able to say that Windows 95, for example, was unstable but things have actually come along since then.

Ok I agree it is getting much better, but XP is far from being that stable, secure and effeicient. Make any home user life easier for sure, but my point of view on their products is on professional use.
  • Options
    XP is fairly stable in my opinion. I can't remember the last time I was using an XP machine that crashed due to a software error. Security-wise it depends on how you use it, but if you look elsewhere such as Mac OS then we can see that even that can fall to viruses sometimes, and the disparity is probably due to how many folk use each one.

I work in a windows-based environment with windows server products, and most of them are far more stable than some of the apps that our suppliers give us to run on top of them.

I think a lot of the "i hate microsoft" that you see around these days is inbuilt based on what people assume to be the cool or savvy thing to say.