Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Fifty MiLlIoN qUiD!

13»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    his bit got me ...'"This is the latest attack on bank employees who are serving the community and are providing a very valuable service for the whole community' ...

well at my branch the counter staff aren't bleedin' nuns you know ...
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    his bit got me ...'"This is the latest attack on bank employees who are serving the community and are providing a very valuable service for the whole community' ...

well at my branch the counter staff aren't bleedin' nuns you know ...

Serving us by taking our money and making profit from it. Or the bank going bust in an economic collapse and losing it.

And ye right. At my branch there is usually one person between five tills. And a huge line, and none of the other staff bother to open another, they sit doing naff all.
  • Options
    Spliffie wrote:
    Who loses out?

In a round about way we all do.

Not only are a large chunk of the police spending time on this, which means that other crimes are not being solved.

Insurance payments for cash handling will go up and banks will pass the cost onto us.

And because insurance companies make less profit they will perform worse on the stock market and our pensions will decrease.

But perhaps thats looking for negatives.
  • Options
    bongbudda wrote:
    a large chunk of the police spending time on this,
    magic ...i'll be able to break the speed limit in kent.
  • Options
    bongbudda wrote:
    In a round about way we all do.

Not only are a large chunk of the police spending time on this, which means that other crimes are not being solved.

Insurance payments for cash handling will go up and banks will pass the cost onto us.

And because insurance companies make less profit they will perform worse on the stock market and our pensions will decrease.

But perhaps thats looking for negatives.

I doubt some of those are givens, but others may be true. I suppose you'd have to analyse the knock-on effects in the future to properly determine the overall hurt/gain ratio.
  • Options
    Spliffie wrote:
    I doubt some of those are givens, but others may be true. I suppose you'd have to analyse the knock-on effects in the future to properly determine the overall hurt/gain ratio.

Of course, there are some possible gains as well as the money stolen.

- More investment in security
    - More staff employed
    - Better policing methods learnt