Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Low Blood Pressure

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi,

I have been diagnosed with low blood pressure, i am just wondering what affects this might have on me, my pulse rate is also quite high......

Any help or advice would be great, thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Options
    Don't know much about it, but this link seems to have some usefull information.
  • Options
    Ah, i have taken beta-blockers in the past and it says on that site that they can cause low blood pressure.
  • Options
    so it might be that then. The Health forum aint my thing, so can't give you much, just thought i gave you the link so you get some info before others kick in with more info for you :)
  • Options
    Come to think of it, what is the normal health blood pressure for a young adult?

and what about pulse rate?

p.s. This marks my first ever post in the health forum! :yippe:
  • Options
    normal bp is round about 120/80, and resting pulse should be around 60-80 bpm.
  • Options
    my blood pressure's pretty low - 99/58ish generally, and it doesn't really affect me in any way. the only thing is i can get a little bit lightheaded from time to time, and can't stand up too quickly cause i black out.

according to my doc it's much, much better to have low blood pressure than high. and if they're not overly concerned, neither am i.
  • Options
    I had trouble with my blood pressure a couple of years ago, fainted quite a bit because of it. Went to see my GP who kindly said "young ladies (!) tend to have low blood pressure,it's nothing to be concerned about" but cos i was fainting a bit he sent me to hospital for tests which were fine. My blood pressure seems to have improved now and it tends to be more on the normal side, than the low at the mo. The only problems low blood pressure tends to throw up is light headed when standing too quickly, and occassional fainting. If the doctor was concerned he would of discussed it with you/sent you for ECG etc. If he wasn't concerned, i wouldn't be worried :thumb:
  • Options
    My blood pressure usually hovers around 110/70 ish.
  • Options
    Come to think of it, what is the normal health blood pressure for a young adult?

120/80 mm of mercury. Systolic pressure divided by diastolic. You know, the blood vascular system is the topic I have in biology at the moment.
  • Options
    I have low blood pressure

It just means that if i do exercise im likely to feel a bit faint so may need to rest more often
    if i get up too fast i can kinda half faint
    if i stand still for too long, i will see like a fuzzy tv, my ears will go slightly deaf and muffled and then i will faint unless i sit down.

Its not particularly nice to have low blood pressure but there are much worse things to have, like high blood pressure
  • Options
    I do that^
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Me too. The weird thing is, although everything (or many things at least) points to me having low blood pressure, when I had it tested a few years back they found it high (the first time) but I had been upset at the time, so they tested it again a few days later and it was normal.
  • Options
    quarfly wrote:
    120/80 mm of mercury. Systolic pressure divided by diastolic. You know, the blood vascular system is the topic I have in biology at the moment.
    oh ok, good to know.