Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Microgynon - how long should I be on it for??

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Im taking the last packet of my pills this month and wounderd if I should not bother goin to docs next month to get more?? I've been on it coming up to 2 years now. Just wounderd what your views are?? I thought about going off it cos I have put loads of weight on since going on and thought if I come off the weight will come off too?? :yippe: But then again I dont wanna come off it cos I love the pill, I dont want any other contraception.

I've had a look around the net to see if the pill does damage if you stay on it too long but aint found any :confused:

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    The best person to discuss this with is your doctor. I've been on microgynon for nearly 5 years now and apart from putting on a little bit of weight, i've had no probs. I don't *think* there are any long term problems, except the risk of blood clots, hence regular blood pressure checks...just hae a chat with your doc to talk about your concerns/discuss alternatives :thumb:
  • Options
    I was on microgynon too, but have recently come off it and started a pill that's new on the market apparently called Yasmin. I dont really have a problem with my weight but I change pills every few months/year or so just to see what my body prefers at that time I guess, your body changes all the time you see as Im sure you know.

Yasmin's actually really good, and it claims to be different from other pills due to the low chance of weight gain, somehow it doesn't encourage water retention. Go and ask you doc about it, apart from the weight thing anyway I find it really good - I just seem to feel myself, there's nothing going on that I could think "ooh that's the pill that is" :yes: