Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Me -> Russia

Probably should be in the travel section but no-one ever reads that so it's in here instead.

Just to say that I'm off to Russia in the morning for four months of being embarassed about how little Russian I know. So the next time I come on here, it will be from the land of the potato, vodka and Ladas.

Be cool my comrades.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    heh you get about a bit : o

have fun
  • Options
    muse- wrote:
    heh you get about a bit : o

You have no idea.
  • Options
    Wow, come around so soon?!

Have a good one mate! Take it easy!
  • Options
    Bye bye... have fun :wave:
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    *is jelous x1000*
    Enjoy the Ladies, Vodka, and Lada's.
    Well the first two anyway. :thumb:
    Take care!
  • Options
    Last minute thought...are mail order brides cheaper if you buy them out there first?
  • Options
    Rich-E wrote:
    Last minute thought...are mail order brides cheaper if you buy them out there first?

Yeah 'cos you can just bring them back in a case, saves on postage.
  • Options
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    *is jelous x1000*
    Enjoy the Ladies, Vodka, and Lada's.
    Well the first two anyway. :thumb:
    Take care!

Was just about to say you'll definately be posting in this thread :p

Have fun thunderstruck.
  • Options
    potato, vodka and Ladas.

what more could you possibly want :thumb:

have a great time!

make sure to go to some crazy underground russian raves
  • Options
    Yeah 'cos you can just bring them back in a case, saves on postage.
    Ahhh you've put my mind at ease.
  • Options
    I'm incredibly jealous, but safe travels etc...and have a fucking blast! :thumb:
  • Options
    Brrm brrm!
  • Options
    Have fun and take care out there :D

Oh and Will, :lol: those pictures!
  • Options
    Gerbil boy, how can you be so obsessed with russia! Most of its a shithole :p
  • Options
    Doofay wrote:

he's a communeet thats why.
  • Options
    Doofay wrote:
    I can sum it up in a few pictures:
    Firstly, this is self explanatory.
    Second, The Worlds Largest Plane. And it's still more manouverable than American cargo planes which are far smaller.
    Third, the Ekranoplan. 'nuff said.
    Fourth, MiG-25 . Stupidly simple, extremley effective.

There is more, but these sum up the Russian Approach to things. I love them, they're crazy. The lot of them. Just look at the Ekranoplan... and come on, who lives in some cold inhospitable place like that, then still manages to have a huge empire? Their appraoch, and why I love them, is best summed up with this.
    So, the US develop a space program. Then they find out pens don't work in space, so they cannot write. This leads to a multi-million dollar program to develop a pen, that writes in space! Genius!
    The Russians used pencils.
  • Options
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    Second, The Worlds Largest Plane. And it's still more manouverable than American cargo planes which are far smaller.

There is more, but these sum up the Russian Approach to things. I love them, they're crazy. The lot of them. Just look at the Ekranoplan... and come on, who lives in some cold inhospitable place like that, then still manages to have a huge empire? Their appraoch, and why I love them, is best summed up with this.
    So, the US develop a space program. Then they find out pens don't work in space, so they cannot write. This leads to a multi-million dollar program to develop a pen, that writes in space! Genius!

You forgot miss Sharapova

Edit: picture way too big!!
  • Options
    So I did. I also forgot to link to
    And Alina.
  • Options
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:

Why would anyone care about any of that though :p
  • Options
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:

I think that's the funniest thing I've read in ages!
  • Options
    Have fun mate. wish i had time to see some of the sites when i went to St.Petersburg (do my works software house). Lovely place, would love to go back for a holiday.
    Just watch out for the hookers at the hotels. they work in pairs and surround any guy on his own in seconds. We all ended up walking around in groups of 2-3 or more so we wouldn't be bothered.
  • Options
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    Brrm brrm!
    I REALLY want that Lada. Seriously.
  • Options
    have a great time. Hope you manage to still come and post sometimes :D
  • Options
    have fun :p i just came back from st petersburg. it was nice.. but the people were VERY rude!! that was probably the only bad thing.. plus it was -25 .. but i could handle that!!

although i did have £120 nicked from my jacket pocket.. very good pickpocket!!.. bastard lol
  • Options
    I REALLY want that Lada. Seriously.
    They are cheap as shit.
  • Options
    Enjoy :thumb:
  • Options
    Hello my pretties.

Here I am in Krasnodar some 100k from the Black Sea.
    The women here are unbelievable. I shall send clandestine photo evidence a la Cook report when I can. The arts faculty is especially good. Based on my observations, the male to female ratio seems to be about 1:10.

Ladas are very cheap. We rekon we can get a nice one for about 100 dollars. We're also investing 20 quid in a Mega Drive for our dorm room.

Just a quick reply really for those people who actually care about me just to say that I'm ok and the diet of potatoes and vodka hasn't killed me yet. And Gerbil, Stolichnaya = :yuck: :yuck: :yuck: The best ones to get are Rusky Standart (Russian Standard) and Flagman which you can get in England but not everywhere. Plus the export Stoli is a lot nicer than the domestic stuff.

Be cool my comrades. Russia is a phenomenally beautiful country and I'm having a cracking time. Internet access is sporadic so don't expect complex debates from me any time soon. Hope you are all well. I am.

Much love,

Joe
  • Options
    Hello my pretties.

The women here are unbelievable. I shall send clandestine photo evidence a la Cook report when I can. The arts faculty is especially good. Based on my observations, the male to female ratio seems to be about 1:10.

Ladas are very cheap. We rekon we can get a nice one for about 100 dollars. We're also investing 20 quid in a Mega Drive for our dorm room.

Just a quick reply really for those people who actually care about me just to say that I'm ok and the diet of potatoes and vodka hasn't killed me yet. And Gerbil, Stolichnaya = :yuck: :yuck: :yuck: The best ones to get are Rusky Standart (Russian Standard) and Flagman which you can get in England but not everywhere. Plus the export Stoli is a lot nicer than the domestic stuff.

Be cool my comrades. Russia is a phenomenally beautiful country and I'm having a cracking time. Internet access is sporadic so don't expect complex debates from me any time soon. Hope you are all well. I am.

Much love,

Joe
    Joe?? Who the hell is Joe?? :p
  • Options
    lo mate,

Sounds like your having fun out there. i agree Russia is a beautiful place, and most of the women i saw out there are stunning too. keep us posted.
  • Options
    Hello my pretties.

Much love,

Joe
    ДОбрый день Comrade Joe! Как поживаешь?!

All sounds good mate, glad to hear you're enjoying yourself out there! Wrapped up in about 5 layers are you?

Bring us back a bottle of Rusky Standart if you can :p

Plus if you can smuggle a Kalashnikov, I think Gerbil would be forever grateful...

Всего наилучшего!

(I'd like to thank google for that help...)