Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Who on TheSite would you most like to meet?

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    piccolo wrote:
    Awesome. Though next time I go to a meet I'll be off the alcohol methinks.

Aye right! As if you'll be able to resist the table pint... :p
  • Options
    want to meet katralla too!
  • Options
    twisted_trinity, no wait i have :p

otherwise, i'd like to meet the p+d bunch, especially klintock to discuss whether or not a 'beer' exists :lol:
  • Options
    J wrote:
    Rolly I reckon... Seems like there'd be lots to talk about.
    id like to meet you when you werent off your face on mushrooms
  • Options
    J wrote:
    Me? :blush:;)
    well, you were a bit away with the fairies when I met you before, but yeah, for sure :)
  • Options
    especially klintock to discuss whether or not a 'beer' exists :lol:

Well wheres the rule that a concoction of fermented stuff (I actually dont know how its produced) is called beer? Did we just draw up an imaginary table of drinks and call this one beer and this one wine? Whats to stop me from making my own drink called legobeer?

I've got him on ignore still, but now I'm less annoyed by his posts and more amused. And the scary thing is, the other week I was looking at a map of europe and thought "who the hell put those lines on there... it's just LAND fer christs sakes". Its 'them' infiltrating us I think... But yea. Everyone from P&D! :thumb: lets even bring lukesh back!
  • Options
    badabing wrote:
    come on down the price is right ;)

You do know I'm a devout scrooge dont you? I cant be affording to spend more than £10 -> and thats if its REALLY good :p. Hehe. But it might be nice to pop by one day when I do go clubs and stuff.
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Well wheres the rule that a concoction of fermented stuff (I actually dont know how its produced) is called beer? Did we just draw up an imaginary table of drinks and call this one beer and this one wine? Whats to stop me from making my own drink called legobeer?

I've got him on ignore still, but now I'm less annoyed by his posts and more amused. And the scary thing is, the other week I was looking at a map of europe and thought "who the hell put those lines on there... it's just LAND fer christs sakes". Its 'them' infiltrating us I think... But yea. Everyone from P&D! :thumb: lets even bring lukesh back!

Haha.

We should try a Politics meet again. Shame the last one died. Gah.
    Metroplitan Bar, Baker Street, me thinks. :D Except OMG. No smoking in there anymore.

Yeah. Must get Klintock to go. Se if he'll drink a "beer", and spend any "money" in this arrangment of bricks and mortar we call a "bar".
  • Options
    wanna meet mr jim V (and everyone who i have not talked to in a meet ).
  • Options
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    Yeah. Must get Klintock to go. Se if he'll drink a "beer", and spend any "money" in this arrangment of bricks and mortar we call a "bar".

:lol:

he's so funny.

I used to really really piss one of my mates off by insisting that I am perfect, any time she'd point out an 'imperfection', I'd turn it around to be another example of perfection. Used to make her tear her hair out.
  • Options
    bluewisdom wrote:
    And Stargalaxy as well... the list is endless really.
    I'm sorry to have to ask this, but who are you? I don't think we've even spoken before, and you want to meet me? Not sure what to say to that one.

As for the question, those who I want to meet know about it.
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote:
    I'm sorry to have to ask this, but who are you? I don't think we've even spoken before, and you want to meet me? Not sure what to say to that one.

way to throw a compliment back in someones face.
    maybe he liked your replies to stuff.
    Most of the people I want to meet ive never chatted to on msn or anything. I just like them cos of the way they post. You can tell a lot about the way someone thinks by the way they word their posts.
  • Options
    Most of the people I want to meet ive never chatted to on msn or anything. I just like them cos of the way they post. You can tell a lot about the way someone thinks by the way they word their posts.

Exactly. I rarely talk to people on msn and the like, and I don't have a livejournal so it's not as if I get to know people's deepest, darkest secrets through that. Some people just seem sound, and you can tell that you'd get on and have some good craic in real life. :thumb:

Oh, I'd like to add kaffrin to my list, she seems spot on.
  • Options
    way to throw a compliment back in someones face. maybe he liked your replies to stuff.
    I'm not sure what to make of it. It's probably because at TheSite meets, I'm not that keen when people start talking to me that I've never spoken to online. That is, someone says "Hello Danny, read some of your posts" and I'm going "Er, right... do you mind me asking - who are you?". It's probably a personal thing.
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote:
    I'm not sure what to make of it. It's probably because at TheSite meets, I'm not that keen when people start talking to me that I've never spoken to online. That is, someone says "Hello Danny" and I'm going "Er, hello... who are you?". It's probably a personal thing.

It must be, because I'd take it the other way. It's nice if someone knows who you are and would pick you out as someone they'd want to meet (or talk to, if you were already at a meet).

Take it in the spirit it's meant. ;)
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote:
    I'm not sure what to make of it. It's probably because at TheSite meets, I'm not that keen when people start talking to me that I've never spoken to online. That is, someone says "Hello Danny" and I'm going "Er, hello... who are you?". It's probably a personal thing.

yeah but thats meets for you. I have only 3 people on my msn from the site so far, and at both the meets I had to ask who everyone was. i just talk to anyone anyway.

Weirdest thing is calling people by real names instead of sitenames. Cant get used to it.
  • Options
    That's what I'm worried about! I don't mean I want to be addressed as knee high stripy socks, but Kermit and briggi are, well, kermit and briggi! :p
  • Options
    I dont think it would bother me if someone called me rainbow. Id still know who they were talking to. I think its harder when someone has a username that could actually BE a name.
  • Options
    briggi wrote:
    It must be, because I'd take it the other way. It's nice if someone knows who you are and would pick you out as someone they'd want to meet (or talk to, if you were already at a meet).
    This is where we differ. When people come up to me, and they know who I am, but I don't know who they are, it just spooks me.
    yeah but thats meets for you. I have only 3 people on my msn from the site so far, and at both the meets I had to ask who everyone was. i just talk to anyone anyway. Weirdest thing is calling people by real names instead of sitenames. Cant get used to it.
    It does explain that one. Though the next person at a meet to call me SG isn't getting a free drink.
  • Options
    How many meets have you been to? Newcastle will be my first. I'm worried that I will call people by their usernames, heh. Let's get name badges! woo.
  • Options
    I've not spoke to anyone here in person but there are still a few I'd like to meet.

Rainbow Brite
    Moonrat
    Bongbudda
    Turlough
    Briggi

Basically since I've joined thesite I've enjoyed reading posts from these people and they seem interesting. Theres probably more but I can't think right now. x
  • Options
    I've not spoke to anyone here in person but there are still a few I'd like to meet.

Rainbow Brite
    x
    OMG have i even met you? :P
    joke. I liek your username for some reason. Will kep an eye out for your posts. You obviously have impeccable judgement :D
  • Options
    You obviously have impeccable judgement :D

Damn right! Let's have a love-fest...er, meet. :cool:
  • Options
    OMG have i even met you? :P
    joke. I liek your username for some reason. Will kep an eye out for your posts. You obviously have impeccable judgement :D

Thanks. :heart:

As for my username I was really struggling to think of one so I just picked the first two words that came to my head. :blush:
  • Options
    briggi wrote:
    Damn right! Let's have a love-fest...er, meet. :cool:

Oooo a love-fest.... :flirt:
  • Options
    As for my username I was really struggling to think of one so I just picked the first two words that came to my head. :blush:
    It's a strategy that worked for me too. :yes:
  • Options
    well i'm MrG

and people generally call me that in person anyway, and thats people ive known from offline for many years
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote:
    When people come up to me, and they know who I am, but I don't know who they are, it just spooks me.
    I know what you mean, there's a bunch of people who I feel I know, because I've read their posts, but we've not had a conversation. So I end up feeling like some kind of stalker. And then I go adding them to my LJ friends, so they all think they do have a stalker....

Anyway, my list of people who I'd like to meet

Chaos, Felix, Jim V, KHSS, Moonrat, My_name, Rainbow, Rolly, Shyboy, almost everyone else
  • Options
    :D
  • Options
    because I am teh coolest!

G-g-g-get with the program!